Windows 10: Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation

Discus and support Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm wondering if you can help me with the issues I'm having with Windows 10. I recently did a reinstallation and since doing so, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by supersonicsjm, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me with the issues I'm having with Windows 10.

I recently did a reinstallation and since doing so, I'm unable to rectify 2 issues I'm having.

The first is my system tray icons and sub menus for task bar icons having a 1px border like the following screenshot:-

Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation [​IMG]

The second, if I right click my taskbar icons, I want to make the colour match the rest of the colour scheme, not be black, like the following screenshot:-

Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation [​IMG]

Can anyone help with how to resolve these issues?

Thanks all. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation :)

:)

supersonicsjm, Dec 4, 2015
  2. rosedol Win User

Windows 10 - advanced appearance settings

Hi

I have just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. The default white background of applications is hurting my eyes. I was wondering if it is possible to change the background colour of applications (previously customised in 'Advanced Appearance
    Settings' by selecting 'window' from the dropdown list - when using Windows 7 and XP). I have tried changing the colour using personalise, but this only seems to change the desktop background, taskbar, start menu, and window borders. The background of my
    applications remains white, and this, with the black writing is hurting my eyes. The title bar also remains white, which doesn't make it very clear.

rosedol, Dec 4, 2015
  3. krizanand Win User

Tiles colour change according to accent colour set. If you need more customisation there are lot of tile customisation apps available on the Store.

You can't change tiles colour by default.

krizanand, Dec 4, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation

Hi supersonicsjm, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

The translucent borders look like the effects of AeroLite, you'd have to go back to the default Windows 'borderless' theme.

The only way to add matching colors to those elements would be to run a High Contrast Theme.

Edwin, Dec 4, 2015
  5. OK, solved the border issue, guess I'll have to live with the black menu's though. Thanks a bunch for your help. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation :)

supersonicsjm, Dec 4, 2015
  6. JW0914 Win User
    The colors can be adjusted via the registry. For example, I dislike how an accent color is applied not just to the Settings App text, but the start menu, taskbar, and window frames. With editing the ARGB [they might be ABGR, can't remember] hex values within the applicable keys, I kept my accent coloring within the Settings App text and eliminated it from applying to the start menu, taskbar, and window frames.

It does take some time to do and get to the way you want, due to the alpha value, but it's worth it =]

JW0914, Dec 8, 2015
  7. I have looked into the registry values and tried tweaking some.

Some I now know what they do, but others I'm not sure as they don't seem to affect anything.

None of them seem to affect the menu's in question though.

Does anyone know which registry value affects what?

Also they are RGB not BGR. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation :)

supersonicsjm, Dec 8, 2015
  8. JW0914 Win User

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\Standard

The color values in these keys are in hex value in the format of ARGB (A [Alpha] controls opaqueness/transparency), ranging from 0/00 - 255/FF [dec/hex - White would be decimal 255 255 255 or hex ffffff ]. I utilize colorpicker.com to determine hex values of decimal color codes. The built in Windows calculator has dec <-> hex conversion, however colorpicker.com allows you detemine what color you want, providing the output in hex and dec form.

I think there's one or two additional keys as well, but can't remember for sure. It really is trial and error, and if one chooses to go this route, ensure you create a backup of the modified values, as if you apply a new theme or select a color in the Settings App, it will reset the values to the main accent color chosen and a darker/lighter value for additional accenting.

JW0914, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation - Similar Threads - Sub Menu Border

2. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  3. Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour: Hi All,Quick question, hoping someone can help - I want to change the colour of the frame when in windowed mode. The frame/border I want to change is the example blue above.This is not controlled by colour selection in Personalise -> Colours -> Title bars and window borders....
  4. Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu

Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu: So recently there was an update, and after the update my colors disappeared on the start menu. It was supposed to look like the picture shown in the preview[ATTACH] But it looks like this instead[ATTACH] I have tried changing to default themes, unclicking all possible...
  5. Customise Start Menu.

Customise Start Menu.: I have been mucking around creating a custom Win 10 Pro ISO. I have the Start Menu almost how I want it! [img] How can I . . . [1] How can I get rid of Start, Pinned Tiles, and All Apps. [2] Reduce the white area so when I click the Start Menu Windows Icon it only shows...
  6. Balance sub-menu not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Balance sub-menu not working: I have ENACFIRE E18 headphones, and this issue persists on all devices I use these on. However, on devices such as my phone, I can use Settings to change the audio balance. When I follow the standard advice (use the balance sub-menu in the levels categories), my audio creeps...
  7. Making the Taskbar/Start Menu match Window border colours exactly?

Making the Taskbar/Start Menu match Window border colours exactly?: Hi everyone, I recently began making a custom theme, and have just started changing the theme colours. I used the registry editor to use a custom colour, and it has worked for the borders around windows. However the taskbar and start menu colour is much a much brighter...
  8. Start Menu Customisation

Start Menu Customisation: I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps. Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start...
  9. Customising the right-click context menu

Customising the right-click context menu: Hi, I hope someone here can help me out. I want to customise the context menu, the one that pops up when you right-click the mouse. I just want to re-arrange some of the menu options that are available and possibly delete (if possible) some others that I don't need or even...
  10. Independent taskbar and window border colours?

Independent taskbar and window border colours?: One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no...