Windows 10: subfolder creation

Discus and support subfolder creation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to create new subfolders. Right-clicking in a directory doesn't work. Ctrl-Shift-N doesn't work. Creating a new folder from File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UXPTwist, Apr 19, 2021.

1. UXPTwist Win User

subfolder creation

I am unable to create new subfolders. Right-clicking in a directory doesn't work. Ctrl-Shift-N doesn't work. Creating a new folder from File Explorer doesn't work. There is no response to any of them.

:)

UXPTwist, Apr 19, 2021

2. Open new subfolder

Hi Carmen,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted app files, incorrect setup, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the issue.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Were you able to successfully access subfolders before?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 19, 2021
  3. How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

Hi Denzil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Click on the Hub option on top right of the screen.
    • Select the subfolder that you want to move.
    • Drag the subfolder & drop on the folder.

Check if it helps

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Lu_Q Win User

subfolder creation

Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've followed that step, but no go 4 me.

The emails in the Inbox and Sent Items are synced well, but emails in the subfolders* not.

*subfolders: in the Inbox, I create a folder which is used to receive emails following certain rules.

Thema:

subfolder creation

1. subfolder creation - Similar Threads - subfolder creation

2. XCOPY is not copying subfolders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XCOPY is not copying subfolders: XCOPY is not copying subfolders even though I am using the parameters /S /E.I'm also using /D to just update the data. I've tried using /C to ignore errors. And I've tried using ROBOCOPY but I can not get the subfolders copied.I've tried to contact HP, but they said it was a...
  3. how to open everything in all subfolders at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to open everything in all subfolders at once: i have multiple subfolders under music, and i'd like to open all of the mp3 files at once to make a large playlist. is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-everything-in-all-subfolders-at-once/d7e6c6d2-c23a-4995-a75e-47daf068cf6b
  4. Windows Mail Subfolders?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Subfolders?: I am trying to use the windows mail app for the first time and under the accounts I see the inbox and more. When i click the more button it brings up all my folders but those folders cover up the emails making it hard to drag from inbox to the correct folder. Is there a way...
  5. Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  6. Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Cortana
    Search index excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  7. Search excludes any folder with a .git subfolder

in Cortana
    Search excludes any folder with a .git subfolder: I use Git to keep track of my projects, and this creates a .git folder in any repository that is tracked. I am unable to search anything in these folders. For example, I know that filename.txt exists inside one such folder, and when I type filename.txt in the Start Menu...
  8. Anyone know how to automatically create subfolders for new folders in a certain folder?

Anyone know how to automatically create subfolders for new folders in a certain folder?: The title might be a bit hard to understand, but I was wondering if there is a way to automatically create subfolders when you create a new folder. For example, if I have a folder for Projects, and I create a new folder in it called project1, I want that folder to...
  9. Move all subtitles files out of its subfolder into main folder

Move all subtitles files out of its subfolder into main folder: I have just under 2,000 RARBG movies and I've manually downloaded them. Most of them are not re-named (I prefer this way) so they're downloaded as it is. Each movie folder has its own subfolder that contains subtitles files like this:...
  10. Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders: Hello, I have a directory in the File Explorer set up like: C:\Users\asmith\OneDrive\Employees\ In this folder Employees are 200 subfolders labeled by name. In each of those 200 subfolders there are another 6 subfolders: Payments Reports 2021 Indirect Payments...