Windows 10: Subst Problem

Discus and support Subst Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use several subst drives, like X: for D:\work, for instance. I have several scripts which refer to X: But today, there was a power outage in my apt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Subst Problem

I use several subst drives, like X: for D:\work, for instance.

I have several scripts which refer to X:

But today, there was a power outage in my apt (due to work being done) and when the computer came back up, for X: now I get "The volume does not contain a recognized file system."

Trying to run subst x: /d

does not work. I get invalid parameter.

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

• “sfc /scannow” didn't make any difference (no integrity problems found.
    • run command (w' admin privileges) subst [drive] ["some folder poath"] succeeds.
    • run command subst shows the correct subst.
    • For example If I open file browse dialog from msdev 2013 I can see subst drive (not from every app)
    • Subst drive still remains invisible from explorer.exe.

DanielChervin, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

If you really did it that way it cannot work, of course.

Please confirm that you did only step 2 for substing the drive and nothing else. Forget about sfc, it's useless

B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen, Aug 28, 2018
  4. BigJoe47 Win User

Subst Problem

Using "SUBST" in windows 10

Hi Sayan_Ghosh

Sorry, it does not make sense to contact Google for the "SUBST" Microsoft command fails to work on my Windows 10 SURFACE PRO. It is the "SUBST" command that is naming the volume "Windows (M)" when it should be "Local (M). Just seems like Microsoft has
    the problem.

BigJoe47, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Subst Problem

1. Subst Problem - Similar Threads - Subst Problem

2. BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair: Hello Microsoft team! This problem I have is something I cannot seem to fix with many solutions tried. RecoveryYour PC couldn't restart correctlyAfter multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.Error code: 0sc0000001You'll need...
  3. using python to subst drive letter which be occupied by network, gets wrong icon in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    using python to subst drive letter which be occupied by network, gets wrong icon in explorer: #coding=utf-8import osimport subprocessdef win_subst_action, _drive, _path = '': if _action == 'delete': _cmd = 'subst /d {}'.format_drive elif _action == 'mount': _cmd = 'subst {} {}'.format_drive, _path p = subprocess.Popen_cmd, shell = True p.c...
  4. using python to subst drive letter which be occupied by network, gets wrong icon in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using python to subst drive letter which be occupied by network, gets wrong icon in explorer: #coding=utf-8import osimport subprocessdef win_subst_action, _drive, _path = '': if _action == 'delete': _cmd = 'subst /d {}'.format_drive elif _action == 'mount': _cmd = 'subst {} {}'.format_drive, _path p = subprocess.Popen_cmd, shell = True p.c...
  5. using python to subst drive letter which be occupied by network, gets wrong icon in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't delete subfolders of junctions in a subst-ed folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete subfolders of junctions in a subst-ed folder: I have the following scenario: I have a C:\Foo folder which I subst-ed for easier access as X: I have several symlinks and junctions in this Foo folder (both for network locations and local paths). The problem is that apparently I can't delete any folders within these folders...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't recognize subst drive letters in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize subst drive letters in Explorer: Subst seems to be broken in Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.421 When using subst to create a new drive letter, the new drive is available in the command prompt, but the drive letter does not show up in Explorer, even when I run the subst from an elevated...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't recognise subst drive letters in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognise subst drive letters in Explorer: Subst seems to be broken in Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.421 When using subst to create a new drive letter, the new drive is available in the command prompt, but the drive letter does not show up in Explorer, even when I run the subst from an elevated...
  9. Used subst for local folder, but now Win10 thinks its a CD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Used subst for local folder, but now Win10 thinks its a CD Drive: Hello all, I use Visual Studio at work and many projects are configured to run specifically from build servers, which requires that I run the project from a specific file structure from the D drive. The long standing way of handling this has been to simply have the...
  10. Drive created using subst - write permission problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive created using subst - write permission problem: Hello. I had Windows 8.1 installed and some months ago I associated drive letter (Q*Smile with C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive. I have my photos collection on that drive and I use it with Adobe Lightroom. Everything worked fine with 8.1, but after upgrade to Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 subst similar