Windows 10: Subst Problem

Discus and support Subst Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use several subst drives, like X: for D:\work, for instance. I have several scripts which refer to X: But today, there was a power outage in my apt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Aug 28, 2018.

1. RonNewYork Win User

Subst Problem

I use several subst drives, like X: for D:\work, for instance.

I have several scripts which refer to X:

But today, there was a power outage in my apt (due to work being done) and when the computer came back up, for X: now I get "The volume does not contain a recognized file system."

Trying to run subst x: /d

does not work. I get invalid parameter.

:)

RonNewYork, Aug 28, 2018
  2. DanielChervin Win User

Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

• “sfc /scannow” didn't make any difference (no integrity problems found.
    • run command (w' admin privileges) subst [drive] ["some folder poath"] succeeds.
    • run command subst shows the correct subst.
    • For example If I open file browse dialog from msdev 2013 I can see subst drive (not from every app)
    • Subst drive still remains invisible from explorer.exe.

DanielChervin, Aug 28, 2018
  3. B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen Win User
    Windows 10 issue "Subst" command doesn't work

If you really did it that way it cannot work, of course.

Please confirm that you did only step 2 for substing the drive and nothing else. Forget about sfc, it's useless

B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen, Aug 28, 2018
  4. BigJoe47 Win User

Subst Problem

Using "SUBST" in windows 10

Hi Sayan_Ghosh

Sorry, it does not make sense to contact Google for the "SUBST" Microsoft command fails to work on my Windows 10 SURFACE PRO. It is the "SUBST" command that is naming the volume "Windows (M)" when it should be "Local (M). Just seems like Microsoft has
    the problem.

BigJoe47, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Subst Problem

1. Subst Problem - Similar Threads - Subst Problem

2. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool Problems: When I try to snip a screen it goes completely black now. It used to work great but now I can't snip things that I see on the internet.? Can I just upgrade that part of the WIndows 10 program? I really miss it now...
  3. Perseverant sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Perseverant sound problem: 1- uninstalling audio device from device manager and restarting pc *worked sometimes, but after some time, out of nowhere sound stopped working. and when i go check for audio realtek driver in the device manager it appears under the hidden items *sometimes sound goes and...
  4. There was a problem resetting your pc No changes were made.

There was a problem resetting your pc No changes were made.: So I'm trying to reset my pc and clean the drives fully but when it start's to reset and it's on 3% it undo's and it can't clean the drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-problem-resetting-your-pc-no-changes/9c7a0f79-8cd7-4e7b-b648-91aee467685d
  5. RDP Problems After 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Problems After 1809 update: HI I have updated to 1809 and after the update, I cannot connect to my work pc through RDP but on 1803 all is working fine I am using fortyclient VPN to my office. Need your assistance. Thank you...
  6. FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430: Good day, When I set up my fingerprint in my windows hello it always says that "that fingerprint has already been set up on another account. Try a different finger." In the past, I was able to set it up without problems. However, when I performed a clean install of Windows...
  7. Dialup Modem connection problem With windows update server in Windows 10 version 1809 build...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dialup Modem connection problem With windows update server in Windows 10 version 1809 build...: Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after install Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.1/17763.55/17763.104 even in (Now Re-released version) 17763.134 , But it was working fine before upgrading to 1809. In all version of windows 10 upto 1803, it was...
  8. Windows 10 sound problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sound problem.: Four pictures tells everything. Microsoft must fix it.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-problem/93dcf1ac-77ad-4eae-ada1-21b5758a2bf1
  9. GPT vs MBR problem. Why this ERROR

GPT vs MBR problem. Why this ERROR: Why windows 10 is not getting reinstalled on GPT or MBR partition on same PC? I am reinstalling fresh windows 10 in my PC. But this time I got this ERROR. Why this ERROR as windows 10 was previously intalled on this same PC, same partition? Why I need to convert my...
  10. Drive created using subst - write permission problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive created using subst - write permission problem: Hello. I had Windows 8.1 installed and some months ago I associated drive letter (Q*Smile with C:\Users\Michal\Desktop\Q_Drive. I have my photos collection on that drive and I use it with Adobe Lightroom. Everything worked fine with 8.1, but after upgrade to Windows 10...