Windows 10: Subtitle formatting with VTT files?

Discus and support Subtitle formatting with VTT files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I previously posted this to the Simple Questions thread but it doesn’t seem to be a simple enough question to have generated much of a response... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aliceeva93, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Subtitle formatting with VTT files?

Hello!

I previously posted this to the Simple Questions thread but it doesn’t seem to be a simple enough question to have generated much of a response so posting wider... hope that’s okay! Subtitle formatting with VTT files? :)

I recorded a meeting on Zoom and have downloaded the video and VTT files. I am trying to add captions to the video using the Photos App. It seems to have worked, however the slides being shared during the meeting were on a white background, so the white captions to do show up!

How do I change the formatting of the captions using the Photos App or Windows Media Player or even within the video or VTT files themselves? I am a limited in terms of software I am able to download being on a work computer, but can get access to VLC Media Player and Panopto if either of these are options.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/aliceeva93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aliceeva93, Sep 24, 2020
  2. migustik Win User

.text file back to vtt file

Hi, I accidently open an vtt file type to open with Notepad and tick the check box "Always use this app to open .vtt files" and all the vtt files changed to text file. I need to set it back as an vtt file for it to run
    subtitle with the VLC Media Player. Any suggestions? Please help really need it asap. Thanks a lot in advance!

migustik, Sep 24, 2020
  3. migustik Win User
    .text file back to vtt file

Hi Paul Abayon,

I'm sorry there is mistake, what I want to do is I need to change it back as an vtt format file because all my vtt files in my computer are now set as text file. I try to do system recovery but it doesn't
    help.

migustik, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Subtitle formatting with VTT files?

How play all Subtitles(.srt) files on Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

Hi Bob,

One of the reasons why this issue occurs is a corrupted video file format. To troubleshoot your subtitle issue using .srt format, you can follow these steps:

• Go to File Explorer, and create a new folder.
    • Move your video and .srt file to the new folder.
    • The video and the subtitle file should have the same name. For example,
      "Movie"
      and the subtitle is "Movie.srt".
    • Right-click on the video and choose "Play
      with
      Windows Media Player" and check if it makes any difference.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Subtitle formatting with VTT files?

1. Subtitle formatting with VTT files? - Similar Threads - Subtitle formatting VTT

2. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  3. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  4. Hardcoding Subtitle into a Movie file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardcoding Subtitle into a Movie file: Hello,To hard-code a subtitle into a movie I use "HandBrake" program. The text on the finished video is white with a large black shadow.I searched into the program how to remove that shadow or make it smaller but did not find anything alike.I will appreciate to get any help...
  5. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  6. .text file back to vtt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .text file back to vtt file: Hi, I accidently open an vtt file type to open with Notepad and tick the check box "Always use this app to open .vtt files" and all the vtt files changed to text file. I need to set it back as an vtt file for it to run subtitle with the VLC Media Player. Any suggestions?...
  7. SUBTITLE FILES -srt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SUBTITLE FILES -srt files: Good day Yesterday I tried to play a subtitle to a movie I was viewing but it didn't work when checking the sub it views a blank tile when I right click it says its a srt file and that its unable to be used on windows 10 after I upgraded. This was never a problem before I...
  8. Displaying subtitles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying subtitles: When I play video .mkv with subtitles in Movies & TV app, the subtitles are not displayed. But when I play the same video format in Photos app, I see the subtitles. How can I I fix this issue and see my video with subtitles in Movies & TV app because it is much more...
  9. Need a subtitle file

Need a subtitle file: I have a DVD video that has guitar lessons on it which I’m trying to learn. The only problem is that I have a hearing problem and would like to have sub titles on it. The DVDs were made for apple so I had to install an app called “VLC Media Player” to open them. As I’m...
  10. Editing Subtitle

Editing Subtitle: Hello, Have a subtitle (.srt file) which is not synchro with the movie (.mp4 format). I tried two editors, one "SubTitle Editor 3413" and "SubtitleWorkshop_6.0b_131121", in both list of playable files, there is mp4 format also, however got error mesages they both cannot...