Windows 10: Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text

Discus and support Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The title is pretty self-explanatory. Ever since about 2 months ago the text on my desktop has shown up as a black colour, and as I use a dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeS2, Dec 8, 2018.

1. LukeS2 Win User

Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text

The title is pretty self-explanatory.

Ever since about 2 months ago the text on my desktop has shown up as a black colour, and as I use a dark wallpaper, is barely visible. Earlier today the borders of the text turned into a black colour as well, thickening it to the point where you couldn't read it at that point. Its been a minor inconvenience and has disrupted school as I have quite a few folders on my desktop.

Thanks,

Luke.

:)

LukeS2, Dec 8, 2018

2. Showing subtitle info in Windows Explorer?

When I enable any or all of the three details view columns for subtitles, Explorer never shows any information for videos that have subtitle tracks, not in SRT or ASS or other text formats.

What subtltle track formats will it show information for? I'd just like to have an indicator that a video has subtitles.

GreggEshelman, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

Hello Rita,

Have you tried the resolutions given by other community members on this thread? If not, we suggest that you check them out and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to setup the subtitles, please answer the following questions to be able to assist you further:

• What app are you using to use when playing videos?
    • What file type are the videos that you usually play?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text - Similar Threads - Subtitles Desktop Show

2. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  3. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  4. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  5. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  6. Black text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black text: Every time I put a new black ink in the printer it doesn't print properly. It will print logos but no text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-text/ca706df2-3eed-4c0f-8a70-a90b8bc2dab7
  7. Subtitles (SRT) to Audio (Text to Speech) Converter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Subtitles (SRT) to Audio (Text to Speech) Converter?: Is there a program that I can use to convert SRT to Audio files locally? I tried Balabolka and it works nicely but it's very slow and often throws errors and aborts itself. submitted by /u/NayamAmarshe [link] [comments]...
  8. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  9. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  10. Black Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Text: For the past few days after I wiped my PC, everything was working fine. I could play games, get NVIDIA and Intel related things, and could surf the web with amazing performance. However, I reset my PC and the font of everything on my desktop was black. It's strange and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text on my desktop text shown up as a black colour microsoft

2. subtitles on desktop show as black text microsoft