Windows 10: Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share

Discus and support Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Unfortunately the VLC for firestick app doesn't show SRT subtitles if I play the video from a network share. The subtitles work fine if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mohanlal2000, May 24, 2020.

1. Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share

Hello,

Unfortunately the VLC for firestick app doesn't show SRT subtitles if I play the video from a network share. The subtitles work fine if I upload the video and SRT to the device. Summary:

The files are named "video.mp4" and "video.srt" and both exist in the same folder.

VLC for Windows(PC) displays the subtitles fine, regardless if I play the video from local harddisk or over SMB share.

VLC for Firestick does not show or play the subtitles if I play the video from a SMB share. The subtitle file seems not to be recognized at all. I can't see the SRT file in the file list when I browse the SMB share contents in the app. Also, unable to download the external subtitle file as well.

Thoughts please!

Thanks.

:)

mohanlal2000, May 24, 2020
  2. KeesKaas Win User

Share subtitles on a network

I've set up a local network via which I share .mp4 files. I also have .srt files with exactly the same name in the same folder.

However, when I try to watch that video through the network, the video loads but the subtitles won't. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

KeesKaas, May 24, 2020
  3. Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, May 24, 2020
  4. KeesKaas Win User

Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share

Share subtitles on a network

I use VLC media player.

The subtitles work when I open the video on my computer itself, however if I access the file from another computer (also using VLC media player) the subtitles don't show.

KeesKaas, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share

1. Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share - Similar Threads - Subtitles Firestick displaying

2. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  3. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  4. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  5. FireStick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FireStick: I have windows 10. Trying to connect firestick with HDMI port. Nothing is happing. What do I need to do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firestick/103a119f-5960-42c0-abce-f3a7122e1f2b
  6. amazon firestick

amazon firestick: how so i connect my amazon firestick to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-firestick/1ec6f88a-495a-4350-9d1c-3e214a8653c8
  7. Share subtitles on a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share subtitles on a network: I've set up a local network via which I share .mp4 files. I also have .srt files with exactly the same name in the same folder. However, when I try to watch that video through the network, the video loads but the subtitles won't. Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance!...
  8. firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls: Since changing my router for Sky Q: I paired my firestick and it shows as so with other devices (That do work, like the surround sound etc.) However pressing the home button on the firestick for 10 seconds produces no response....
  9. Displaying subtitles

Displaying subtitles: When I play video .mkv with subtitles in Movies & TV app, the subtitles are not displayed. But when I play the same video format in Photos app, I see the subtitles. How can I I fix this issue and see my video with subtitles in Movies & TV app because it is much more...
  10. Network & sharing display abbreviated in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & sharing display abbreviated in Win10: I'm setting up a new Win10 machine, and I'm unable to change the location of my network from Private to Home. In order to do this I have to use the Network & Sharing Center, which looks like file nsc7.jpg (attached) in Win7; but the display I get in Win10 looks like file...