Windows 10: Subtitles

Discus and support Subtitles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin69AC, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Kevin69AC Win User

Subtitles

I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great.

:)

Kevin69AC, Jun 27, 2020

2. Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

Hello Rita,

Have you tried the resolutions given by other community members on this thread? If not, we suggest that you check them out and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to setup the subtitles, please answer the following questions to be able to assist you further:

• What app are you using to use when playing videos?
    • What file type are the videos that you usually play?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Jun 27, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Subtitles

Subtitles

Hello,

We suggest checking this article to help you with your concern. This contains steps that you can perform to help you add a subtitle on your movies
    using Windows 10 Movies & TV app.

Let us know how it goes.

John Fer, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Subtitles

1. Subtitles - Similar Threads - Subtitles

2. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  3. Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles don't work in Movies and TV?: When a foreign language is spoken in an English movie, there are no subtitles, even with them turned on. This has happened now for several movies and is unacceptable....
  4. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  5. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  6. Why don't English subtitles work on non English scenes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't English subtitles work on non English scenes?: When streaming movies in Movies and TV, certain movies with multiple languages don't display subtitles for non-English dialogue. For example, in Kill Bill Vol. 1, none of the Japanese dialogue has subtitles. Considering the theatrical movie had subtitles for these scenes, it...
  7. Why don't English subtitles work on non English scenes?

Why don't English subtitles work on non English scenes?: When streaming movies in Movies and TV, certain movies with multiple languages don't display subtitles for non-English dialogue. For example, in Kill Bill Vol. 1, none of the Japanese dialogue has subtitles. Considering the theatrical movie had subtitles for these scenes, it...
  8. How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?: I'm still confused. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now, and I haven't found anything answering my question. Could someone please help me? And, yes, I already know to format it as an .srt file. I just need to know how to format it properly For example:...
  9. How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?

How do you make a subtitle file on Legacy Movies and TV?: I'm still confused. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now, and I haven't found anything answering my question. Could someone please help me? And, yes, I already know to format it as an .srt file. I just need to know how to format it properly For example:...
  10. Subtitles not showing when casting VLC to Chromecast

in Windows 10 News
    Subtitles not showing when casting VLC to Chromecast: [IMG]Only watching movies with subtitles can be irritating as you don’t want to mishear any words or miss out on dialogue. However, one common issue many Chromecast users face is subtitles not showing when casting VLC to Chromecast. So, if you are facing the same error and...