Windows 10: Subwoofer/bass doesn't work after (re)installing Realtek HD Audio Driver(SST) on Windows 10

Discus and support Subwoofer/bass doesn't work after (re)installing Realtek HD Audio Driver(SST) on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I've encountered some sound problems on my HP laptop. I was casually surfing the web when I noticed the sound icon in the toolbar, it seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Iulia M, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Iulia M Win User

Subwoofer/bass doesn't work after (re)installing Realtek HD Audio Driver(SST) on Windows 10

Hello!
    I've encountered some sound problems on my HP laptop. I was casually surfing the web when I noticed the sound icon in the toolbar, it seemed like was no audio output device installed, although I had been using Realtek since the very beginning and everything was fine. I didn't take it seriously or something, just clicked on it to see if microsoft could help fix it (by trouleshooting).
    I ended up installing Realtek HD Audio Driver (the version for Windows 10), just to find out that the sub-woofer/bass won't work. I tried to install other versions but nothing. I don't even know what to do because the sound is completely awful.​

:)

Iulia M, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Ivan Conway Win User

Subwoofer not working with Realtek HD on Windows 10

I was having a similar problem with the Realtek HD Audio after upgrading Windows 10 to the latest Creator build. No sound from the Subwoofer when I have the 5.1 speaker system selected. It appeared that the center speaker and subwoofer were on the same
    channel.

My solution was by chance. I set my speaker configuration to Stereo in the Realtek HD Audio manager and all sound was restored to the subwoofer. Sound is working fine with this configuration.

Suffice to say, I am still sure that there is an issue that has to be resolved with the Realtek HD Audio driver and its compatability with the latest WIndows 10 build.

Ivan Conway, Oct 11, 2018
  3. JoeBoyka Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Subwoofer/bass doesn't work after (re)installing Realtek HD Audio Driver(SST) on Windows 10 :)

JoeBoyka, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Subwoofer/bass doesn't work after (re)installing Realtek HD Audio Driver(SST) on Windows 10

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Subwoofer/bass doesn't work after (re)installing Realtek HD Audio Driver(SST) on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Subwoofer bass doesn't

2. Sound doesn't work after re-installing driver in windows 10 - home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work after re-installing driver in windows 10 - home: Hi I've followed the guidelines on this site via Device Manager to re-install the driver, this works for a few days and then the sound goes again. This has been going on for several weeks, I keep re-installing the driver but then it goes sometimes giving a code 10 error...
  3. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...
  4. Audio not working with Realtek Drivers

Audio not working with Realtek Drivers: About a week ago, I discovered that the audio on my PC wasn't working. My speakers have a volume knob and I keep them turned off 90% of the time so I don't know how long this has actually been a problem, but I actually discovered it last week when I tried to turn my speakers...
  5. Problems with Realtek HD audio driver and audio manager on Windows 10

Problems with Realtek HD audio driver and audio manager on Windows 10: Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low. The audio manager, which...
  6. Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver

Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver: I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located hereLatest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run the update and removal tool(highlighted below) included in the file, nothing...
  7. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version: Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs *Arrow Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page *Arrow Download 6.0.1.8419 CAB for "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers" 64-bit (x64) - 138.6 MB For how to install: How to Install a CAB File in...
  8. Realtek HD audio cab not installing

Realtek HD audio cab not installing: Downloaded the cab file from the link in the sticky for 64 bit, downloaded reg file to put install on context menu. Right clicked cab file and clicked install, DISM came back with error 2 file not found. Path too long? Downloaded from realtek.tw and seemed to install ok...
  9. Unable to install Realtek HD audio drivers

Unable to install Realtek HD audio drivers: Any ideas on how to install Realtek audio drivers on my fresh Win 10 install? I assume the AMD High Definition Audio Device is from the GPU. I have NFI why I can't install any of the Realtek hd audio drivers I've tried. [img] Motherboard: Asrock B75M GPU: AMD R7 260x...
  10. Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver

Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver: I have just updated from Windows 7 to 10. My Logitech 5.1 speaker system worked perfectly under W7. After upgrading to W10, the subwoofer does not work through applications. However, it DOES work through the Realtek HD Audio Manager. All five speakers work in the Audio...