Windows 10: Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.

Discus and support Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS tuf gaming plus and an 5.1 sound system. I plugged in center/subwoofer to the yellow, rear to black and the front speaker into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisHegyes, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.

Hi,

I have an ASUS tuf gaming plus and an 5.1 sound system. I plugged in center/subwoofer to the yellow, rear to black and the front speaker into the green. When I test the sound in the Realtek Audio Console, then everything is fine, so my subwoofer has sound. When I start media player or youtube, or a game then the subwoofer is not used at all. I searched the internet for solutions, so I tried already all kind of driver updates/changes, troubleshooter, but nothing helped so far.
    The sound system worked fine with my old pc. The subwoofer was used, altough I had there the Realtek HD Audio manager. And it had an option to use the subwoofer, but this option is not available anymore in the Audio Console.

Any suggestion what I could try?

Thanks

:)

ChrisHegyes, Nov 28, 2020

2. Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

I am having the same problem and i followed all of the suggested steps. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, i removed the device and restarted the pc, I installed the manufacturers drivers, i used the trouble shooter..., I searched endless
    forums on the topic and tried every suggestion i saw. I still hear nothing through my external subwoofer. What now?

MarcusHoward152, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Ed Fresh Win User
    Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwoofer(Klipsch)

I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2 front speakers test and work perfectly. The subwoofer tests no sound but works perfectly also. Is this
    a driver issue or should I look for something else?

Ed Fresh, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.

Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

Hi Marcus,

There might be a chance that if default audio device is not selected as external subwoofer that's the reason of no sound from external subwoofer. So, I would suggest you to check the default audio device and see if it not selected as default then try to
    set it as default. For performing these task you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Windows key + X, click Control Panel, click
      Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
    • Playback tab. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected. (For most users, the default audio device is
      Speakers.)
    • Playback tab, select the correct device, click Properties, click the
      Advanced tab, and make sure that Default Format is set to the value that you expect. When finished, click OK.
    • Playback tab, select the playback device, click Configure, and then make sure the configurations are set correctly.

If the sound settings are set correctly, and your speakers are already set as the default device, go to "Verify that an audio driver is installed" now.

• Set Default.
    • OK to save your settings.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.

1. Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it. - Similar Threads - Subwoofer used works

2. Having issues using my subwoofer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues using my subwoofer: Hi,I have a Roland Rubix44, which is a 4 channel device, and I wish to connect a pair of active speakers to one pair of channels, and an active sub to the other pair of channels. The problem is that I can't use the subwoofer in a lot of applications as I can only select...
  3. Having issues using my subwoofer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues using my subwoofer: Hi,I have a Roland Rubix44, which is a 4 channel device, and I wish to connect a pair of active speakers to one pair of channels, and an active sub to the other pair of channels. The problem is that I can't use the subwoofer in a lot of applications as I can only select...
  4. Having issues using my subwoofer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer only works in test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer only works in test page: I cant print on my printer using my Windows 10 laptop. I can only print test page and my other device works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-only-works-in-test-page/133b301c-4e12-4a70-8c9a-22a40982348b
  6. printer only works in test page

printer only works in test page: I cant print on my printer using my Windows 10 laptop. I can only print test page and my other device works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-only-works-in-test-page/133b301c-4e12-4a70-8c9a-22a40982348b
  7. printer only works in test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Subwoofer

Subwoofer: So I bought a subwoofer and connected it to my computer. From there I tried it out and it didn’t work. I then went into audio setting and did all the funky stuff there. In the test menu, both my left and right speakers work but not my sub. For reference, I have a 2.1 sound...
  9. when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing

when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing: when i test speakers they test as working. but mic does not - i get nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-test-speakers-they-test-as-working-but-mic/cd14840c-fde7-434b-b6f5-13142b238e17
  10. Subwoofer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Subwoofer: Hej Har ljudsystem Logitech Z313. Efter uppdateringen slutar subwoofwern att fungera. Detta hände vid förra uppdateringen också. Då gjorde jag en återställning till älder verision. Samt varje gång jag skulle hör fick jag gå in och göra högtalar systemet inaktiv/ aktiv...