Windows 10: Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10

Discus and support Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 5.1 system hooked up to my PC via analogue from the back of my Gigabyte Aorus 450B m/board to an AV amp, and until yesterday 17/03/20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael Fife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10

I have a 5.1 system hooked up to my PC via analogue from the back of my Gigabyte Aorus 450B m/board to an AV amp, and until yesterday 17/03/20 everything was working fine. Now however there is no output to the subwoofer. The other speakers are satellites so the sub does most of the bass reproduction.

I have checked all connections, the amp and the sub are fine. The sound is configured as 5.1 in the sound control panel and when the test is run the sub works. But outside of the test, there is no signal going to the sub in any other application: browser, youtube, music players, games.

I have tried various solutions on here and elsewhere, updating drivers etc, all with no results. I suspect this is to do with Windows 10 lack of proper bass management, a feature it *used* to have, but since has inexplicably disappeared. Can anyone please help with this?

Windows 10 Home 1909, build 18363.720

:)

Michael Fife, Mar 18, 2020
  2. OmarCF Win User

Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

Same problem here. The subwoofer was working in Win8. As soon as I performed the update last week (Nov 7th), the subwoofer only emits this high pitched noise that Miryan mentions.

The device manager indicates for the audio that the latest software is installed. Any suggestions?

OmarCF, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

Hi Marcus,

There might be a chance that if default audio device is not selected as external subwoofer that's the reason of no sound from external subwoofer. So, I would suggest you to check the default audio device and see if it not selected as default then try to
    set it as default. For performing these task you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Windows key + X, click Control Panel, click
      Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
    • Playback tab. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected. (For most users, the default audio device is
      Speakers.)
    • Playback tab, select the correct device, click Properties, click the
      Advanced tab, and make sure that Default Format is set to the value that you expect. When finished, click OK.
    • Playback tab, select the playback device, click Configure, and then make sure the configurations are set correctly.

If the sound settings are set correctly, and your speakers are already set as the default device, go to "Verify that an audio driver is installed" now.

• Set Default.
    • OK to save your settings.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10

Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

I am having the same problem and i followed all of the suggested steps. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, i removed the device and restarted the pc, I installed the manufacturers drivers, i used the trouble shooter..., I searched endless
    forums on the topic and tried every suggestion i saw. I still hear nothing through my external subwoofer. What now?

MarcusHoward152, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10

1. Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Subwoofer suddenly working

2. Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu utilisation is high all of a sudden: This issue started happening a few days ago where the cpu utilisation is anywhere from 20-99% in task manager even when nothing is open. It was fine a couple of days ago. every app I open for example google chrome has been using up way too much (up to 60% on startup) for just...
  3. Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - High RuntimeBroker Memory utilisation: Hi All I have searched and read the "official" page on the topic. Runtime Broker is using too much memory microsoft.com However, killing the process and restarting is only a temporary solution and does not actually assist in understanding what the issue that is causing...
  4. 100% disk utilisation with Windows 10 -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk utilisation with Windows 10 -: I have been through some of the earlier threads here and I have come to a conclusion that this is not something easy to fix. However, I want to have a feedback from any experts here about how I can deal with this. I don't want to lose any data, obvisouly. Some background:...
  5. Subwoofer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Subwoofer: So I bought a subwoofer and connected it to my computer. From there I tried it out and it didn’t work. I then went into audio setting and did all the funky stuff there. In the test menu, both my left and right speakers work but not my sub. For reference, I have a 2.1 sound...
  6. 100% CPU Utilisation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100% CPU Utilisation: Please help, task manager is showing 100% utilisation which is incorrect according to my AMD system monitor. How can I fix this, it happened after the recent updates I made through windows. Has anyone else had this error and if so is there a fix so that task manager reads...
  7. M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working

M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working: Hi, ever since windows 10 my subwoofer has stopped working. I know there is a locked thread were someone reinstalled the sound driver from a windows 8 update, and worked. I want to know which driver was used because I’ve tried the one from Dell’s website but no luck. This...
  8. Subwoofer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Subwoofer: Hej Har ljudsystem Logitech Z313. Efter uppdateringen slutar subwoofwern att fungera. Detta hände vid förra uppdateringen också. Då gjorde jag en återställning till älder verision. Samt varje gång jag skulle hör fick jag gå in och göra högtalar systemet inaktiv/ aktiv...
  9. Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart

Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart: Hey all, I've ran into a very obnoxious new problem as of late. It appears that, every time I restart my computer, Windows refuses to output audio to my subwoofer-- until I go into my sound card software and toggle from 5.1, to stereo, then back to 5.1 again. Seeing as...
  10. ASUS N550JV external subwoofer not work!

ASUS N550JV external subwoofer not work!: Hi My laptop Windows was updated few days ago(Windows 10 - Version 1511 - OS Build 10586.104). And now external subwoofer do not work! Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. 44348