Windows 10: Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal?

Discus and support Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, While checking my Outlook account activity today, I've noticed a successful login made from Internet Explorer, using my IP address and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bbog, Dec 27, 2019.

1. bbog Win User

Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal?

Hello,

While checking my Outlook account activity today, I've noticed a successful login made from Internet Explorer, using my IP address and location, which seems to imply it came from my computer. The weird thing is that I don't use Internet Explorer at all though it still exists on my computer, and the login activity seems to have happened roughly around the time I turned my computer on, though I can't really confirm that since the account activity page doesn't show the exact login time. What I can confirm is that I definitely didn't have Internet Explorer open at this particular time. Just to be sure, I ran full scans with Malwarebytes and Avast, and an Offline scan with Windows Defender. All of the scans came back clean. I have a few questions:

- Is it possible that these logins are actually me using my credentials to unlock my computer after I turn it on/Windows services using my Microsoft account? I use my Outlook account to log in onto my computer though I use a PIN code instead of my password, so I thought that might be possible, though it's a bit weird since I unlock my computer every day and this log in activity doesn't happen every day; on my account activity page, it seems to only have happened today and on December 12th.

- Could this be related to the OneDrive app installed on my computer? I don't use it at all and I'm pretty sure I've disabled it at startup, but is it possible it's still running some background services and causing these weird log in activities to show up?

I'm mostly trying to make sure my account isn't compromised in some way. I already have 2-factor authentication enabled and use a unique password, but I'd like to make sure this is normal since I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to computer security. I founda thread describing someone having a very similar issue to my own, but there's not much information there. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

:)

2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. brettvg Win User
    Outlook reminders in Internet Explorer

No I am not "logged in" to Explorer, I have Outlook app running separately but happen to have IE open. I have looked at the settings and plugins for both of the apps but found nothing related to the alerts/reminders that are annoying me, hence the inquiry
    in this forum.

brettvg, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal?

Stuck on Internet Explorer page after Sign in

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to open Task manager and try to close Internet Explorer and check if you are able to get the desktop, and try to reboot and check if the same issue occurs. Refer to the below steps:

• Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
    • Select Internet Explorer
    • Click on End task and check if you are able to boot to the desktop.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal? - Similar Threads - Successful Outlook sign

2. Outlook and Windows 10 Sign out same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Windows 10 Sign out same time: HI All, One of my domain user used domain account to login into Laptop. When he try to run the Micrsoft Outlook 365 app in WIndows 10. He automatically log out from outlook and Windows 10. same time. I did the follwoing things. Update Office, Update windows, Try to create...
  3. Outlook and Windows 10 Sign out same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Windows 10 Sign out same time: HI All, One of my domain user used domain account to login into Laptop. When he try to run the Micrsoft Outlook 365 app in WIndows 10. He automatically log out from outlook and Windows 10. same time. I did the follwoing things. Update Office, Update windows, Try to create...
  4. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  5. Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page.: I've been checking my recent activity and I've seen my alias being logged into without verification from Internet Explorer from my IP. I do not use IE11 and I have deleted it, but I am still seeing it show up on the page. I've changed my password and have already had 2FA on...
  6. Crossfire of normal RX580 and mining RX570?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Crossfire of normal RX580 and mining RX570?: I'm thinking about doing a CF. Now I have RX580 Nitro+ SE, but I'm looking for a 2nd card. Was thinking about 2nd Nitro+ SE or Nitro+, but they cost a little (have enough, but if I can spend more...) - 500 (Nitro) or 550 (SE) PLN for the cheapest ones (used ofc) - it is...
  7. unusual activity from the same IP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unusual activity from the same IP: Earlier today I received a mail that there was unusual activity on my microsoft account. I logged and checked the activity page. It should the unusual activity login as well as the current details of the login I just did to check this activity. Both had the same IP. I double...
  8. Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer!: Can't lauch Outlook 2010 from Internet explorer! on Windows 10 Home. Gives me this error message. [img] I also can't install my printer. Keep getting error message saying printer driver is in use. It asks me to stop the driver so I do and then I get error message saying I...
  9. outlook open with internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    outlook open with internet explorer: When I want to open a link in outlook 2010 to open a website, I have to choose the app to open. I choose IE and also put a X by "Always use this app" . But next time I receive the same ... (when I choose edge, there is no problem but I want to use IE Internet explorer is...
  10. Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer background process normal in Windows 10?: Hi, slight fork of a thread in the anti virus forums below. After loading up Windows 10 (x64 Home), after about 8 minutes I am seeing a background internet explorer process iexplore.exe launch, which then launches up to 200 connections to various ips, some look like possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer same IP as mine