Windows 10: successful reinstall but blue screen of death appeared again after trying to update display...

Discus and support successful reinstall but blue screen of death appeared again after trying to update display... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; successful reinstall but then notified display driver required updating. AMD screen appeared, started download ok then received critical process died... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngieW-008, Nov 17, 2018.

1. successful reinstall but blue screen of death appeared again after trying to update display...

successful reinstall but then notified display driver required updating. AMD screen appeared, started download ok then received critical process died and now cannot get out of blue troubleshoot screen. Tried all available options but noting works including being able to start in Safe Mode. HELP - any solutions/suggestions please.

:)

AngieW-008, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Blue Screen Of Death problem

Hi Pranav,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it works:

Step 1:

I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the
    Display adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest
    Graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check with the results.

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 17, 2018
  4. successful reinstall but blue screen of death appeared again after trying to update display...

Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

successful reinstall but blue screen of death appeared again after trying to update display...

1. successful reinstall but blue screen of death appeared again after trying to update display... - Similar Threads - successful reinstall blue

2. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with blue screen of death after update: I'm asking this for my partner, who I'm not physically with to be specific. Just today, her laptop went to sleep after she went idle for a period of time, and when it woke up, it was in the middle of updating. After the restart, whenever she tries to log in and use it after...
  3. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with blue screen of death after update: I'm asking this for my partner, who I'm not physically with to be specific. Just today, her laptop went to sleep after she went idle for a period of time, and when it woke up, it was in the middle of updating. After the restart, whenever she tries to log in and use it after...
  4. Help with blue screen of death after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update: I’ve been trying to do a system restore but the C: option is grayed out and says “You must enable system protection on this drive”. Recently I’ve opened the cmd and it takes me to X:\windows\system32> In which I’ve entered “Rstrui.exe/offline:C:\windows=active” From there...
  6. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers: Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers >>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists. >>Reinstalled OS >>Recreated drivers >>same issue after updating...
  7. Blue Screen of Death: tried everything!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen of Death: tried everything!: Hello A few months ago, I bought a refurbished PC through Amazon marketplace. Windows 10 OS, 64-bit. Very happy with it in any other way: but I've been getting blue screens of death since almost day one. Very regularly. Someimtes twice a day or it may take days sometimes....
  8. Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update: Recently, I got forced to update Windows 10 to version 1903 OS build 18362.267. A day after the update I got a BSOD while playing CS:GO and this happened regularly at about one BSOD a day while in game. I saw on another thread that it may be because of graphics drivers, so...
  9. Blue Screen of Death after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death after updates: Hi everyone! My girlfriends laptop (MSI GV62 8RD) started to crash with bsod after a driver update. It bareley stays on, witout restarting, more than 5 minutes. I reinstalled windows first because I didn't know what causes the problem, but after a while, it started to crash...
  10. Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?: WINDOWS uploaded a update. Computer basically has crashed ! Blue screen of death as come up. Ive tried all suggestions , Nothing works. I am able to pull up the comand part of computer. Is there a comand i can type in to bypass windows? Or delete it ? . There is no desktop...