Windows 10: Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page.

Discus and support Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been checking my recent activity and I've seen my alias being logged into without verification from Internet Explorer from my IP. I do not use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NH_642, May 21, 2020.

1. NH_642 Win User

Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page.

I've been checking my recent activity and I've seen my alias being logged into without verification from Internet Explorer from my IP. I do not use IE11 and I have deleted it, but I am still seeing it show up on the page. I've changed my password and have already had 2FA on before I ever noticed this. I don't know if this is just normal or a security issue. I've run virus scans and nothing comes up with Windows Defender. Does it have something to do with an application like opening the mail app or an unsuccessful sync by somebody?

:)

NH_642, May 21, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Stuck on Internet Explorer page after Sign in

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to open Task manager and try to close Internet Explorer and check if you are able to get the desktop, and try to reboot and check if the same issue occurs. Refer to the below steps:

• Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
    • Select Internet Explorer
    • Click on End task and check if you are able to boot to the desktop.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, May 21, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page.

How to change default homepage in internet Explorer?

Hello Ron,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Internet Explorer browser on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below article to change the homepage on your device and check if it helps.

Change your home page for Internet Explorer

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 3: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on Internet Explorer, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page.

1. Successful Sign-in's from Internet Explorer on my recent activity page. - Similar Threads - Successful Sign in's

2. Successful sign-in in my sign-in activity which is not me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful sign-in in my sign-in activity which is not me?: I find myself in a peculiar situation at the moment. I recently made security changes to my Microsoft account, which I use for Xbox, Skype, and Outlook. In short, I changed my security email, which is used to receive codes for accessing sign-in activity and password changes....
  3. Successful sign-in in my sign-in activity which is not me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful sign-in in my sign-in activity which is not me?: I find myself in a peculiar situation at the moment. I recently made security changes to my Microsoft account, which I use for Xbox, Skype, and Outlook. In short, I changed my security email, which is used to receive codes for accessing sign-in activity and password changes....
  4. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?: This past week Oct 16, 6:36PM I received an authentic MS email alerting me to a successful login attempt. I immediately changed my password and sent a command to log out of all devices, but have not yet turned on two-factor authentication. The password for my MS account was...
  5. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?: This past week Oct 16, 6:36PM I received an authentic MS email alerting me to a successful login attempt. I immediately changed my password and sent a command to log out of all devices, but have not yet turned on two-factor authentication. The password for my MS account was...
  6. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

7. Getting a sign in from Internet Explorer showing up in my login history whenever I sign in...

Getting a sign in from Internet Explorer showing up in my login history whenever I sign in...: Hi this has happened before and stopped but it has started happening again.When I start up my computer for the first time each day it asks me to enter my password which I do. I also do daily checks for things like this in the at account.microsoft site in my browser. Today...
  8. Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal?

Successful Outlook sign-in from Internet Explorer, same IP as mine - is this normal?: Hello, While checking my Outlook account activity today, I've noticed a successful login made from Internet Explorer, using my IP address and location, which seems to imply it came from my computer. The weird thing is that I don't use Internet Explorer at all though it...
  9. Activity page shows successful logins with wrong IP

Activity page shows successful logins with wrong IP: I check the Activity Page every day. Many lines are not OK: they have“Successful Login” with a wrong IP, always the same wrong IP. I click on “Secure your account” on every wrong line. There are also lines that are OK, with my correct IP. The wrong IP is the same on every...
  10. In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is...

In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is...: In the Recent Activity page in my Microsoft Account, the IP address on my activity is different then my IP address for my computer. Is this normal?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com