Windows 10: Successful updates retries and fails

Discus and support Successful updates retries and fails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; KB4020102 was updated successfully on 26/5/2017. I usually have metered wifi. Today I connected to ethernet. Same KB is trying again and again. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lvgandhi, May 27, 2017.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Successful updates retries and fails

KB4020102 was updated successfully on 26/5/2017. I usually have metered wifi. Today I connected to ethernet. Same KB is trying again and again. Now it hangs. Please see pics below.

Successful updates retries and fails [​IMG]

Successful updates retries and fails [​IMG]

What to do now?

:)

lvgandhi, May 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade configuration problem?

Thanks. I downloaded all available updates and retried upgrading to no success. I tried using the media creation tool, but after it was about to restart it said "the Windows 10 update has failed".

CoryBrower, May 27, 2017
  3. Discovered two failed attempts of automatic Windows 10 update in December.

Hi,

In addition to what Darian Tab has advised, depending on the update, there may be several updates following related to the KB#. Did you check the successful updates to verify if the KB# was later installed.

Even though the updates fail, Windows Update will attempt/retry to install the update.

If you click the Failed to Install link of the KB, you will see more information regarding the issue.

Smittychat., May 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Sometimes the windows updates report is inaccurate.
    To tell whether a windows update was really installed is to confirm that it can be uninstalled.
    Only then is it confirmed that it was installed.
    Click on Windows update history.
    Click on uninstall updates.
    Copy and paste: KB4020102
    See if it can be uninstalled

zbook, May 28, 2017
  6. lvgandhi Win User
    I have done asper advice of dalchina. Now no more updates. OK now.

lvgandhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Successful updates retries and fails - Similar Threads - Successful updates retries

2. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU "something was busy" failed update Retry: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and frequently when it is downloading a Security Definition update, the system will come back and state something like something was...
  3. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU "something was busy" failed update Retry: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and frequently when it is downloading a Security Definition update, the system will come back and state something like something was...
  4. Microsoft Store updates ‘retry’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates ‘retry’: Hi everyone, after setting up Windows 11 there were a lot of updates to be installed after pressing ‘get updates’. It was a bit odd as it said retry next to most of the apps, but I noticed that they were installing one by one and the list said no apps installed. As soon as I...
  5. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  6. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

"Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  7. "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even...
  8. "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

"Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even...
  9. Windows update says Retry!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update says Retry!: A few days ago, I updated my PC with latest October Windows 10 Update. But, after few days, when I am trying to update my PC, it tells me to Retry everytime. and displays an error code as pasted here "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later....
  10. Update history some failed some successful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history some failed some successful: Showing below is my current update history. Some failed. My question is that if subsequent updates with different "KB" numbers that are successful make up, so to speak for those that failed earlier?...