Windows 10: Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10

Discus and support Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought my PC preinstalled with Windows 7 in 2014 and it was working fine and then I did free upgrade to Windows 10 home edition. It was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RiswanPC, Jan 30, 2020.

1. RiswanPC Win User

Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10

Hi, I bought my PC preinstalled with Windows 7 in 2014 and it was working fine and then I did free upgrade to Windows 10 home edition. It was working fine, until now. Now, it prompts me to activate windows and when I tried in the settings. It gives me error.

What should I do? I don't have product key or I could not find any digital license for my upgrading to free windows 10.

:)

RiswanPC, Jan 30, 2020
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Jan 30, 2020
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Windows 7 Activation Problem

A"friend" told me that their piratebay version of windows 7 is working just fine.

*Roll Eyes Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10 :rolleyes:

DaMulta, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10

1. Sudden Activation Prompt!- Genuine Windows 7 upgraded freely to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sudden Activation Prompt

2. Windows Genuine and Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Genuine and Activation: Hello. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate PC. My computer is not activated and not genuine. Whenever I try to activate with the product key, the computer keeps saying "The computer is not genuine". I need help with this....
  3. Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating

Windows 7 suddenly started telling me that my copy is not genuine, need help activating: Hi all,When I turned on my computer this morning, it informed me that my copy of Windows is not genuine. I tried to reactivate Windows and re-entered my product key, and it told me my product key is blocked. When I contacted Microsoft support they refused to help me...
  4. My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine: I use an old laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601. It had been working normally for the longest time but now it suddenly doesn't recognize my windows as genuine. I looked up to see if there were any solutions online and where to find my windows product key prebuild...
  5. My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine

My Windows 7 ultimate is not suddenly not genuine: I use an old laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601. It had been working normally for the longest time but now it suddenly doesn't recognize my windows as genuine. I looked up to see if there were any solutions online and where to find my windows product key prebuild...
  6. Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation: I upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 10 and then changed some hardware. Now computer is telling me to activate windows again but my old code won't work. Did i get a new code when i upgraded? I still have the certificate of authenticity....
  7. Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?

Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?: Hello, I have genuine Windows 7 Pro running on my dell vostro 2520 with key purchased from Microsoft. I got a message on my laptop that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so please upgrad to Windows 10. I know, I am late on this. I want to understand that if I...
  8. "activate windows" watermark appearing suddenly; had genuine Windows 8, got free upgrade to...

"activate windows" watermark appearing suddenly; had genuine Windows 8, got free upgrade to...: Like the title says, I bought my laptop several years ago with Windows 8 installed on it. At some point, Microsoft "upgraded" me to Windows 10. Now, after a system update, I am getting the "Activate Windows" watermark. I run the troubleshooter and it says I need to buy...
  9. My Activated and Genuine Windows 10 Suddenly Showing Not Activated

My Activated and Genuine Windows 10 Suddenly Showing Not Activated: My Activated and Genuine Windows 10 Suddenly Showing Not Activated,showing the error code 0x80004005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-activated-and-genuine-windows-10-suddenly/708a8f08-7873-49c0-a2f6-3bca47faac63"
  10. Windows 10 Activation is Genuine or Not ?

Windows 10 Activation is Genuine or Not ?: I have installed Microsoft Windows 10 Professional & Activated through the OS inbuilt activation portal (System Properties). Just through an Internet dongle. After the activation, We have executed “slmgr /xpr” command and check what is the activation status. It was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i upgraded to windows 10 from genuine windows 7 . how to activate windows 10