Windows 10: Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD

Discus and support Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My gaming PC was absolutely fine all day yesterday. Today, I went to do some homework on a website for school, it worked fine for about five minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K.Baker42, Aug 18, 2021.

1. K.Baker42 Win User

Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD

My gaming PC was absolutely fine all day yesterday. Today, I went to do some homework on a website for school, it worked fine for about five minutes, but then, everything stopped responding, I watched my mouse lag as I tried to get different applications to work, and then I got the dreaded BSOD. The first time, it gave me a VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED error, then when it restarted on its own, it went to the motherboard screen as if it couldn't load the OS. I did a hard reset on the PC and this time windows loaded, but crashed again as I was doing a search on what the issue may have been. Only t

:)

K.Baker42, Aug 18, 2021

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 18, 2021
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD - Similar Threads - Sudden Major Problem

2. Major problems and System problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major problems and System problems: Hello people, Is the black screen a bug or a major problem? Will Microsoft will fix the problem in the next update in 2021? I would to suggest to fix problems like Black screens if PC turned of middle of an update or something like that I just seen videos about it I...
  3. Had major problem with pc bsod UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, and resorted to formatting my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Had major problem with pc bsod UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, and resorted to formatting my...: Had major problem with pc, bluescreen of death, reason: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I don't know why the bluescreens started, but I tried tutorials and it didn't help, the majority of my answers told me to format my hard drive, and so I did hard drive F:. As a result,...
  4. Major problem and small minor problems with my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem and small minor problems with my PC: Ever since I installed a new motherboard along with a new cpu and ram, I’ve been having issues. I used to have a problem where I would boot into a no signal screen before login screen and I would just be stuck, I could temporarily fix it by hard resetting my pc via the power...
  5. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  6. Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds: Here's a story...a few days ago I got hit with malware. Someone got ahold of my PayPal information and tried to buy some things. I'm getting those taken care of. Meanwhile...back in Windows 10 version 1803 (installed on a 120gb SSD, data installed on 1tb HDD) After running...
  7. Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds: Here's a story...a few days ago I got hit with malware. Someone got ahold of my PayPal information and tried to buy some things. I'm getting those taken care of. Meanwhile...back in Windows 10 version 1803 (installed on a 120gb SSD, data installed on 1tb HDD) After running...
  8. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  9. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...
  10. Major Booting Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Booting Problems: I tried to install W10 on a second hard drive while my main HD was connected. Major problems now. I could not reboot my main HD, and I could not boot my second drive. I wiped my second HD and tried to install W10 again, but no luck. Tried to repair my main HD with a...