Windows 10: Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log

Discus and support Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have suddenly started seeing these EvntAgnt/ SNMP errors, arising at Startup, in the EL. Screenshots attached. This is W10 Pro 1909 (18363.1082),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Foxfan, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Foxfan Win User

Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log

I have suddenly started seeing these EvntAgnt/ SNMP errors, arising at Startup, in the EL. Screenshots attached.

This is W10 Pro 1909 (18363.1082), and I very recently installed updates KB4576484 and KB4574727, on 9/9/20. The errors seem to have arisen since then.

In Services, SNMP Service is set to Auto and is running when I check after Startup, and SNMP Trap is set to Manual and not running. If I stop SNMP and restart it, the same errors are logged i.e. it's not just at startup.

Oddly, if I go to Settings>Apps>Optional Features, SNMP is offered as "Add a Feature" although it's already running as a service.

I have been through sfc and the usual diagnostic routes, and I can't think of any new software installed that would use SNMP anyway. If I look at Procexp, when running SNMP service is using port 161 or 162 (one of the other).

Any help on this welcome. Do I need SNMP servies, and if so, under what circumstances, or can I just set it to Manual in Services?
    Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log [​IMG]

:)

Foxfan, Sep 14, 2020
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Event Error Log

Windows 10 Event Error Log - Summary Section

One of the Logs listed needs to be deleted since this application has been removed from my laptop. Is there anyway to remove it from the Log -Summary Section?

nancy3243, Sep 14, 2020
  3. lesz1 Win User
    update KB3194496 : new error 10 in event log. AppReadiness/Admin

When I tried to follow those steps and used the Troubleshooter, not only did it not eliminate the event ID 10 and event ID 214 errors with every boot, but, since doing so, I'm also getting new event ID 10010 errors with every boot that I was not getting before using the troubleshooter.

lesz1, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log - Similar Threads - Sudden appearance SNMP

2. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  3. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  4. Error in Event log, Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in Event log, Event ID 10016: So my laptop been crashing very often for last week, I never had the chance to take the photo of the blue screen, its lightning fast to restart. I have seen this in my event log and wonder if it has anything to do with it. I have seen kernel errors, battery errors and this...
  5. AllJoyn Event Log Error

AllJoyn Event Log Error: Please explain the cause of the following error on my laptop Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1 Laptop Intel R Core TM i5-10210u 8 GB RAM Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 Windows Feature Exp Pack 120.2202.130.0 AllJoyn encountered an error 0x4 in module IPNS, file...
  6. Strange Event Error logged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Event Error logged: This error logged has been identified on a machine on the network running Windows 10. What could be the cause, I have never heard of CVE 53 Event ID 2 Log Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations Kernel Mode Type Warning Message Possible detection of CVE: 53 Additional...
  7. Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?: Hi Bleeping Computer *Smile Thanks to the help of the community, I successfully clean installed Win 10 after multiple failing attemps. Nonetheless, I have noticed som errors in the events log (same as before clean install, by the way). Some Error IDs are : -...
  8. P2P Event Log error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P2P Event Log error: Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Error pops up from time to time. All articles addressing the issue have been studied, but none has offered a reason. It's a benign error in the Kernel-Event Tracking log, which can be disabled to hide the...
  9. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625
  10. New Error in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    New Error in Event Log: Anybody know how to fix this issue please? The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user...