Windows 10: Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer

Discus and support Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Three days ago (December 27th), I woke up and my computer was suddenly running extremely slow. Everything felt sluggish; for example, getting from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cparosh, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer

Three days ago (December 27th), I woke up and my computer was suddenly running extremely slow. Everything felt sluggish; for example, getting from the login screen takes about 20-30 seconds when normally it takes a split second. I also noticed this problem with my audio as it would crackle and lag. I found that there was a direct X update in the morning when trying to fix this issue by looking at the system restore points. When trying to restart my computer, I would get various blue screens, but mostly the “driver verifier” one. I troubleshooted quite a few things and resorted to a system restore point from a few days earlier that I had to start from windows on a USB, and everything went back to normal. I assumed it was the direct X update and moved on. I’m not concerned with any of my parts as I’ve stress tested each one and ran various programs to check the status of each piece.

Now, today, all of a sudden everything seems sluggish and the same audio issues arose. Currently trying to system restore from my SSD, but has been stuck on restoring screen for the past 2 hours so I may have to do the USB method again.

I’m thinking something is updating without me knowing and causing these problems. Has anyone had similar issues?

Let me know if I can provide more information!

submitted by /u/cparosh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cparosh, Dec 30, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer

windows 10 now computer slow and no cound

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you upgrade your Operating System from version to another then, some of the driver may not work properly.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update audio drivers.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press
    Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

2) Select Device Manager.

3) Expand Sound video and games Controller.

4) Right on the audio drivers and click on
    Update driver software.

Step 2: Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer

1. Sudden Audio Issues and Slow Computer - Similar Threads - Sudden Audio Issues

2. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  3. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  4. Computer suddenly slow and laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly slow and laggy: Since a few days ago my computer has had performance problems.When playing video games my fps keep fluctuating. When watching videos the quality is low and laggy.Again, this has only started a few days ago and I have not downloaded anything recently....
  5. Computer suddenly slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly slow and laggy: Since a few days ago my computer has had performance problems.When playing video games my fps keep fluctuating. When watching videos the quality is low and laggy.Again, this has only started a few days ago and I have not downloaded anything recently....
  6. Computer suddenly slow and laggy

7. Computer slowing down all of a sudden

Computer slowing down all of a sudden: Hello, i wanted to know why my computer had become EXTREMELY slow after a blue screen. Could this be caused from gaming bcuz i use a gaming laptop and whenever i run games on it cpu runs at 95c. After the blue screen my computer has been so slow that it wont even open discord...
  8. COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW: Hello-In the last two days my computer is suddenly displaying the message 'low memory.' It has been fine over many months with zero hold ups even with multiple tabs open. I know when I just have too many tabs open slowing things down, vs a certain certain shopping websites I...
  9. COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW

COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW: Hello-In the last two days my computer is suddenly displaying the message 'low memory.' It has been fine over many months with zero hold ups even with multiple tabs open. I know when I just have too many tabs open slowing things down, vs a certain certain shopping websites I...
  10. Computer suddenly super slow?

Computer suddenly super slow?: When I start an application it takes 15 min until the application is started and after the login I have 15 min black screen, if I want to access folders it takes 5 min for each folder again, if I left or right click on anything on the screen it also loads 5 min, if I press...