Windows 10: Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background

Discus and support Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, past few weeks, on my laptop frequently, a sudden black screen appears. Nothing is seen, but programs are running in the background. If I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A.S.Pavan, Jul 13, 2020.

1. A.S.Pavan Win User

Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background

Hello all, past few weeks, on my laptop frequently, a sudden black screen appears. Nothing is seen, but programs are running in the background. If I am playing music, I can still hear the music. I initially pressed the power button for some time and then pressed it again to restart. It will all go back to normal, I would have to login again and all my work would be as left, nothing lost. Uninstalled latest windows update too but doesn't seem to work

:)

A.S.Pavan, Jul 13, 2020

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Sudden black screen

Hi Dorota,

There are several reasons why you received this black screen error on your computer. One of these is a corrupted driver for your display adapter. To troubleshoot your concern with Windows 10, we suggest that you perform the steps
    provided on this link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background - Similar Threads - Sudden Black Screen

2. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen: Whenever I'm watching videos, Youtube, or other sites, my screen suddenly goes black for a split second and the video itself goes black and does not start playing until I refresh the page.I've cleared cache on Chrome which is my preferred browser BTW....
  3. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen: Whenever I'm watching videos, Youtube, or other sites, my screen suddenly goes black for a split second and the video itself goes black and does not start playing until I refresh the page.I've cleared cache on Chrome which is my preferred browser BTW....
  4. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen: Hi,I have a problem, whenever I use programs that are installed on my HDD drive, I get a sudden black screen for 2 to 3 seconds and I don't know why. I checked my HDD and there were no problems with it, this only happens to programs on the HDD, my SDD work with no problems....
  5. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen: Hi,I have a problem, whenever I use programs that are installed on my HDD drive, I get a sudden black screen for 2 to 3 seconds and I don't know why. I checked my HDD and there were no problems with it, this only happens to programs on the HDD, my SDD work with no problems....
  6. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sudden Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Black Screen: Recently, the screen turns black and then it goes back to normal and then black again The cycle continues. The only solution so far is to wait until the screen is normal and restart it. A day or so later, it happens again. It started when I was watching a DVD, but now it can...
  8. Background black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  9. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  10. computer screen displays only black background with icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer screen displays only black background with icons: I am unable to change this black background. When I get to the Personalize page, I view a message some setting are hidden or managed by your organization KT...