Windows 10: Sudden black screen during usage

Discus and support Sudden black screen during usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently (11-13th Jan) got 2 sudden black screens when I was using my PC (in 2 separated days), leaving only my cursor and the firefox browser I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SolexYue, Jan 12, 2019.

1. SolexYue Win User

Sudden black screen during usage

I recently (11-13th Jan) got 2 sudden black screens when I was using my PC (in 2 separated days), leaving only my cursor and the firefox browser I was using at the time operational, while keyboard inputs were partly responsive. In both occasions, no notification popped up when I logged in after restarting and Reliability Monitor didn't show any other abnormalities besides the occasionally stoppage of window push notification user services or svchost.exe_WpnUserService that started to appear long before the first of the 2 fore-mentioned black screens.

Coincidentally, the cumulative update KB4480966 started installing since 8th Jan and I had part of the update failed on 10th Jan, which stuck on the blue loading screen with "Preparing the update", forcing me to push the reboot button.

No software or hardware was installed or removed since 1 January.

:)

SolexYue, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Sudden black screen

Hi Dorota,

There are several reasons why you received this black screen error on your computer. One of these is a corrupted driver for your display adapter. To troubleshoot your concern with Windows 10, we suggest that you perform the steps
    provided on this link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

random rebooting with sudden black screens

Hi József,

A black screen error likely occurs due to a corrupted driver or user profile. Other factors that can cause the issue are software conflicts and overheating. As an initial troubleshooting regarding your black screen issue, we suggest performing the
    recommended steps provided on this link. Under "Troubleshoot
    black screen or blank screen errors"
    , select the option that's applicable to you.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Sudden black screen during usage - Similar Threads - Sudden black screen

2. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen: Whenever I'm watching videos, Youtube, or other sites, my screen suddenly goes black for a split second and the video itself goes black and does not start playing until I refresh the page.I've cleared cache on Chrome which is my preferred browser BTW....
  3. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen: Whenever I'm watching videos, Youtube, or other sites, my screen suddenly goes black for a split second and the video itself goes black and does not start playing until I refresh the page.I've cleared cache on Chrome which is my preferred browser BTW....
  4. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen: Hi,I have a problem, whenever I use programs that are installed on my HDD drive, I get a sudden black screen for 2 to 3 seconds and I don't know why. I checked my HDD and there were no problems with it, this only happens to programs on the HDD, my SDD work with no problems....
  5. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen: Hi,I have a problem, whenever I use programs that are installed on my HDD drive, I get a sudden black screen for 2 to 3 seconds and I don't know why. I checked my HDD and there were no problems with it, this only happens to programs on the HDD, my SDD work with no problems....
  6. Sudden black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sudden Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Black Screen: Recently, the screen turns black and then it goes back to normal and then black again The cycle continues. The only solution so far is to wait until the screen is normal and restart it. A day or so later, it happens again. It started when I was watching a DVD, but now it can...
  8. Black screen during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during reset: Hey hey so I work in tech support and deal with apple computers so I’m really noob at Windows when it comes to troubleshooting them, my windows 10 pc was filled with junk and I wanted to erase completely , I selected remove everything , and went with the default setting for...
  9. Black screen during the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during the update: I had been getting notifications to update my windows 10 for quite some time, and i finally got the time so i started updating, and during the update windows restarted itself, but then all i got was black screen. I waited 1-2 hours but nothing happened so i searched online to...
  10. Black screen during log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during log in: Recently when logging in to my desktop I experienced some black screen I had to reset the drivers to revert it back to normal. It also happened when I played some games and I had to alt-tabbed. And also when I benchmark my computer with the valley. Please help I don't know...