Windows 10: Sudden blocking of network connection

Discus and support Sudden blocking of network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I access a guest network at work and had no problems for years. One day the connection dropped and I was unable to reconnect. I get a "Can't connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GSco77, Dec 16, 2020.

1. GSco77 Win User

Sudden blocking of network connection

I access a guest network at work and had no problems for years. One day the connection dropped and I was unable to reconnect. I get a "Can't connect to this network" message. No changes were made by me prior to the problem. I tried resetting the network adapter, updating drivers, purging the cache, everything I could find with no luck. The on-site IT folks do not help with personal computers but I managed to get a little information. There are several networks other than the guest connection and those require an encrypted machine. I was not connected to one of those networks. Now when I go to the available networks they are all selected except the guest network as "Connect automatically" which was never done by me. Other devices have no problem connecting to this network. I am baffled. Any ideas? Did they alter my registry?

Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042.685

Thanks.

:)

GSco77, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Sudden blocking of network connection

Xbox App "Server Connectivity" "Blocked"

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app server connectivity is blocked. It is possible that
    your PC was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server or your Firewall settings are blocking the connection. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Is your computer connected to a wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue in safe mode with networking? To start Windows in safe mode with networking, you can follow the steps on this

link

In the meantime, you can perform the suggested solutions on this
    link

Loraine Mon, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Sudden blocking of network connection

1. Sudden blocking of network connection - Similar Threads - Sudden blocking network

2. Block simultaneous wired network connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block simultaneous wired network connection: Hello,i want to block simultanous connection to domain and non domain connection for domain client , im tolking when user is using more than one wired network adapters.Thank you...
  3. Block simultaneous wired network connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block simultaneous wired network connection: Hello,i want to block simultanous connection to domain and non domain connection for domain client , im tolking when user is using more than one wired network adapters.Thank you...
  4. Block simultaneous wired network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN: I have had my laptop for about 2 years now and have had zero issues and it would connect to websites and services as it usually would. The next day, I noticed that I began receiving a lot of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, SSL, and DNS_PROBE errors on all of my browsers on multiple...
  6. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN: I have had my laptop for about 2 years now and have had zero issues and it would connect to websites and services as it usually would. The next day, I noticed that I began receiving a lot of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, SSL, and DNS_PROBE errors on all of my browsers on multiple...
  7. Help with Network connectivity all connectivity suddenly lost

Help with Network connectivity all connectivity suddenly lost: I have an HP 8200 SFF running Windows 10 - Yes I know it shipped with Windows 7 but I have been running 10 with no issues since 2019. On July 26, all of sudden I am no longer able to reach the internet. I have tried everything know to man - downloaded network card drivers to...
  8. Xbox networking "server connectivity blocked" issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox networking "server connectivity blocked" issue: Hey guys, my NAT is fine, it's the server connectivity that's having issues. I contacted Microsoft and xbox but both of them couldn't help me since everything they suggested didn't work. I tried every possible solution/fix on the internet, i watched every video, i tried every...
  9. Suddenly no connection through ethernet, "Unidentified network"

Suddenly no connection through ethernet, "Unidentified network": Hello everyone! So just recently I started experiencing a problem where I couldn't connect to the internet and when I would click on the little ethernet connection icon it would say "unidentified network". Upon trouble shooting it through windows' included troubleshooter, it...
  10. Suddenly my desktop "can't connect to this network"

Suddenly my desktop "can't connect to this network": I'm running WiFi on my desktop since a couple of months but tonight(since 2 days ago) I suddenly "can't connect to this network". I live in an apartment building for students and we share a Wi-Fi connection in the house. I've asked my neighbor and her connection works. My...