Windows 10: Sudden brightness in the screen after the update

Discus and support Sudden brightness in the screen after the update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the problem happened right after the march 2019 update of the windows 10. The screen is so bright, even when the brightness of the screen is zero.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sen_, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Sen_ Win User

Sudden brightness in the screen after the update

So the problem happened right after the march 2019 update of the windows 10. The screen is so bright, even when the brightness of the screen is zero. When looking in anything, the color of pictures or even the browser icon is very flashy and that is a bother to keep looking.

Reading something that have a white background is a torture (is difficult to read and I need to force my eyes to do it).

I seached in the internet and I saw that it happened to other people too, but apparently they still didn't find a solution.

I tried to update the graphic card, but it have the newest version.

I really don't know what to do and I really need this problem to be solved.

:)

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 18, 2019
  3. how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Sudden brightness in the screen after the update

Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Sudden brightness in the screen after the update

1. Sudden brightness in the screen after the update - Similar Threads - Sudden brightness screen

2. Screen brightness issues after update Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness issues after update Win 11: Hello allI can not lower the laptop screen brightness even though I have tried to update Windows and card drivers. It always stays at the maximum level. The brightness slider is still there, but it shows no changes. I can also unable to rollback to the previous Window...
  3. Screen Brightness Not Reducing After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Brightness Not Reducing After Windows Update: I can't reduce my screen brightness after updating my windows. I have tried to install the graphics driver and other answers I found online no headway yet....
  4. Screen Brightness Not Reducing After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Brightness Not Reducing After Windows Update: I can't reduce my screen brightness after updating my windows. I have tried to install the graphics driver and other answers I found online no headway yet....
  5. Screen brightness less after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen brightness less after latest windows update: Hello everyone! As the title says , my laptops screen’s brightness has widely decreased after the last window update. I tried using the color calibrate option + raising the brightness but to no ends.. help? submitted by /u/JazairyH [link] [comments]...
  6. Sudden Change In Brightness Of The Screen After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Change In Brightness Of The Screen After Windows 10 Update: Samsung Laptop Running Windows 10 On Monday 02/03/20 I noticed the top bar from the Google Chrome browser was flashing quite rapidly, but intermittently, at the top of my computer screen. I restarted my computer and the issue didn’t recur. Then, on Thursday 02/06/20 when I...
  7. windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.: windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows101809-update-not-adjusting-a-screen/c01cc4b0-8a27-4b25-9329-c7c25aac7e6a
  8. Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

Can't adjust screen brightness after the update: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 730-15" right now and I'm having problem to adjust my screen brightness after the update last night. Can someone help me solve this problem....
  9. brightness after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness after update: my screen brightness is dim and I cant adjust it now after update a couple days ago. I want this fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/brightness-after-update/48f191b9-272b-4b99-839b-74299ca6a207
  10. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update: Dear Team, After recent update of windows 10, my screen brightness will not adjust, it cannot be changed from low....