Windows 10: Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

Discus and support Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, After a Windows 10 update on 14 May 2020 UTC+6, all my files are changed to an unknown extension. Upon searching on the internet I found out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M A Hossain Pintu, May 19, 2020.

1. Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

Hello,

After a Windows 10 update on 14 May 2020 UTC+6, all my files are changed to an unknown extension. Upon searching on the internet I found out that it is maybe a ransomware attack. I have 4 drives and all the drives but C windows got affected. Now please give me some solution on how to fix this. For your information, I am writing down the text which is put with the file names.

"id[2C7C4589-2275].[*** Email address is removed for privacy ***].eking"

I cant make a backup as total file size is around 700 GB

Please help.

:)

M A Hossain Pintu, May 19, 2020

2. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 19, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    how do i change a notepad to a doc

Hello,

You can simply convert .txt file to a word file by simply using a .doc as an extension. Follow these steps:

• Open file using Notepad.
    • Click File.
    • Hit Save as, then rename the file. (Make sure to use .doc or .docx as an extension)
    • Click Save.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions or future concerns.

Dyan Rey, May 19, 2020
  4. Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

Files given .pos extension

Hi Howard,

System file corruption may cause sudden changes in your saved files. For us to know what's causing this unusual behavior, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Are you seeing the same thing when accessing these files on another computer?
    • Is the issue confined to .epub and .mp3 files only? Are you encountering the same difficulty with your other file extensions?
    • Which Windows 10 version are you using?
    • Are there any third party applications or programs installed on your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

1. Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ? - Similar Threads - Sudden change files

2. How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?: Hi, my laptop activated bitlocker. I did found the recovery key from devices and I have entered the recovery key, but the output was mentioned that my pc didn’t restart properly. I tried to restart my pc but after that it still show bitlocker. I tried several times but the...
  3. How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?: Hi, my laptop activated bitlocker. I did found the recovery key from devices and I have entered the recovery key, but the output was mentioned that my pc didn’t restart properly. I tried to restart my pc but after that it still show bitlocker. I tried several times but the...
  4. How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.: Hi there,I have a paid 100GB personal OneDrive account linked to MS ID, not M365/O365 with ~80GB of scanned documents which are really important. All of a sudden, all files are gone and the drive is empty looking at it through the web site. The sync client can't sync and...
  6. How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back files in OneDrive? All files gone all of a sudden.: Hi there,I have a paid 100GB personal OneDrive account linked to MS ID, not M365/O365 with ~80GB of scanned documents which are really important. All of a sudden, all files are gone and the drive is empty looking at it through the web site. The sync client can't sync and...
  7. All file extensions changed to .PAAS. How do I get my files back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All file extensions changed to .PAAS. How do I get my files back?: Hello I need help pretty badly. All files on my hard drive and my usb have been changed to .PAAS extension. Even if I manually delete the extension the files still would not go back to its original extension. I was just browsing and somehow I clisked on a pop-up window and...
  8. all my files extension changed to .pcqq and i cant change it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    all my files extension changed to .pcqq and i cant change it back: all my files have been changed to .pcqq and i am getting a ransom message.how to deal with itATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key....
  9. Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?: Hello, After a Windows 10 update on 14 May 2020 UTC+6, all my files are changed to an unknown extension. Upon searching on the internet I found out that it is maybe a ransomware attack. I have 4 drives and all the drives but C windows got affected. Now please give me some...
  10. Changing file extension of all files in the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing file extension of all files in the folder: I don't know how to change extensions of all files in my folder. All files don't have any extension and I dont know how to do it with powershell. How do I change it so all of them have extensions?...