Windows 10: Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name

Discus and support Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, I've updated my laptop according to the recent driver updates last night. However, the names of my speakers and headphones changed today.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pheypheyy, Mar 4, 2024.

1. pheypheyy Win User

Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name

Hello guys, I've updated my laptop according to the recent driver updates last night. However, the names of my speakers and headphones changed today. For example, Speakers 2- RealtekR AudioHeadphones2- RealtekR AudioIt wasn't like this before I update.Can someone help me out, thank you very much!!

:)

pheypheyy, Mar 4, 2024

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name

1. Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name - Similar Threads - Sudden change RealtekR

2. Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden change of RealtekR Audio name: Hello guys, I've updated my laptop according to the recent driver updates last night. However, the names of my speakers and headphones changed today. For example, Speakers 2- RealtekR AudioHeadphones2- RealtekR AudioIt wasn't like this before I update.Can someone help me out,...
  3. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works: Today, I was going to talk with a friend through google meet, and suddenly her microphone was not working. After checking the sound settings, I saw that the microphone sections was showing: Group of microhopones - Working That's the built-in webcamOutput MicrophoneMic - Not...
  4. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works: Today, I was going to talk with a friend through google meet, and suddenly her microphone was not working. After checking the sound settings, I saw that the microphone sections was showing: Group of microhopones - Working That's the built-in webcamOutput MicrophoneMic - Not...
  5. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. 2- RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2- RealtekR Audio: I recently got a new laptop and moved the hard drive from my old laptop to my new one. I have updated all the drivers and stuff but something must have happened with the audio driver because now my speaker is called 2- RealtekR Audio instead of just RealtekR Audio. However,...
  7. 2- RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2- RealtekR Audio: I recently got a new laptop and moved the hard drive from my old laptop to my new one. I have updated all the drivers and stuff but something must have happened with the audio driver because now my speaker is called 2- RealtekR Audio instead of just RealtekR Audio. However,...
  8. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone device suddenly not working after update

RealtekR Audio built-in microphone device suddenly not working after update: My laptop is a Dell G7 7588 running Windows 10 Home version 20H2. After a recent forced restart and update, my built-in RealtekR Audio microphone appears nonexistent to the other programs on my laptop. While it does appear in the Device Manager under Sound, video and game...
  9. RealtekR Audio ISSUE

RealtekR Audio ISSUE: When I plugged my headphones it ask me various options and when I chose headphones it works but when I go to sound I cant seem to find the headphones it stills says speakers and my headphones has a mic in it and I cant use it. I used various methods to solve this problem I...
  10. Audio name changed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio name changed: Why 2 is add in the front of realtek Audio . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-name-changed/66321283-98e3-4fc6-a5e3-3d2cc888a770