Windows 10: Sudden computer lag

Discus and support Sudden computer lag in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this *issue* started this month, i was just normally using me windows 10 laptop and it suddenly starts lagging like hell. I restarted it and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Poneel, May 25, 2022.

1. Poneel Win User

Sudden computer lag

So this *issue* started this month, i was just normally using me windows 10 laptop and it suddenly starts lagging like hell. I restarted it and it seemed to be fixed, but it started again and again and again. Im tired of restarting the laptop 30 times a day.I reinstalled windows, updated my bios, and also some other updates but still it just wont stop lagging It works perfectly fine for the first 5 mins and then it starts suddenly. I dont think there should be a issue with the 8 gb ram because it was performing perfectly before this month.

:)

Poneel, May 25, 2022
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 25, 2022
  3. Interesting sound and lag on computer.

Hi

I am pretty much at a loss for what to do here. Ever since updating to Windows 2004, I have had the following problems:

My computer will all-of-a-sudden become sluggish, making robotic sounds through the speakers slow down the mouse and make the computer unbearable.

These are the solutions that provide a VERY temporary fix to these issues:

• Uninstalled the mouse driver. Fixed for a day.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled an updated audio driver. Fixed for a day.
    • Uninstall and reinstall mouse driver. Fixed for about 10 minutes.

I have tried different mouses, and the computer will still lag when the sound driver is uninstalled and disconnected.

Memory check was all okay no issues.

Any suggestions?

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1660ti

16 GB Ram

Sudden computer lag 634dbee8-28f1-489a-b5f6-b5382e7cbff6?upload=true.jpg

AdrianStevens2, May 25, 2022
  4. Sudden computer lag

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Sudden computer lag

1. Sudden computer lag - Similar Threads - Sudden computer lag

2. Roblox suddenly lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox suddenly lags: I've been playing the game for 4 years and something like this never happened. I joined my friend on a game and I saw that it was so laggy I couldnt even move. I tried restarting the computer even reinstalling Windows tried resetting the router,Deleting roblox,decreasing...
  3. Sudden computer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden computer lag: So this *issue* started this month, i was just normally using me windows 10 laptop and it suddenly starts lagging like hell. I restarted it and it seemed to be fixed, but it started again and again and again. Im tired of restarting the laptop 30 times a day.I reinstalled...
  4. Sudden computer lag

Sudden computer lag: So this *issue* started this month, i was just normally using me windows 10 laptop and it suddenly starts lagging like hell. I restarted it and it seemed to be fixed, but it started again and again and again. Im tired of restarting the laptop 30 times a day.I reinstalled...
  5. Sudden glitch/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden glitch/lag: Hi, I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day it came out and since then I'm experiencing a bug that I cannot find solution for.It can happen at any time, no matter what the computer is being used for.For about a second, the video and audio lags a lot, like if it was...
  6. Sudden glitch/lag

Sudden glitch/lag: Hi, I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day it came out and since then I'm experiencing a bug that I cannot find solution for.It can happen at any time, no matter what the computer is being used for.For about a second, the video and audio lags a lot, like if it was...
  7. Computer suddenly lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly lagging: My computer recently started lagging whenever I use the computer. task manager isn't telling me anything as the cpu is 30% or under at all times during this lag. I have a Windows 10 home computer HP build 19041....
  8. Lag issue suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag issue suddenly: I have a Medium end PC with i5 9400F and 8 GB RAM with 1 TB HDD and 240 GB SSD. Lately my PC is having serious issues. If my mouse is left inactive for about 10 mins my CPU usage increases from 2% to 80-90% and it starts to lag. Until I move my mouse back it won't lower the...
  9. Computer suddenly started lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer suddenly started lagging: My laptop suddenly started to lag like crazy. I was running just fine yesterday, and I don’t do anything crazy on it like keeping a million chrome tabs open. Windows defender says I don’t have a virus. My laptop is pretty good (Core i5, GTX 1650, 8 GB RAM). What can I do to...
  10. Sudden Lag in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Lag in Games: In various games, like World of Warcraft, there is often a sudden freezing, accompanied by the game's sound buzzing. This can get me killed in games like WoW and Swtor, and can make me lose a turn in card games, like Duelyst. The games this has happened in are World of...