Windows 10: Sudden Crashes - no system additions/changes

Discus and support Sudden Crashes - no system additions/changes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today, I suddenly experienced the following crashes, summarized below. System info and the complete mini dumps are posted at 4Shared. I'd appreciate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by H.Monk, Aug 14, 2018.

1. H.Monk Win User

Sudden Crashes - no system additions/changes

Today, I suddenly experienced the following crashes, summarized below. System info and the complete mini dumps are posted at 4Shared. I'd appreciate any suggestions one might be able to offer based on the dump analyses.

Thanks, Monk

On Tue 8/14/2018 8:16:13 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081418-43937-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO+0x1714C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80A927D714C, 0xFFFFB60153D5AEA0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Network I/O Subsystem
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 8/14/2018 7:18:33 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081418-44531-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF800B5E6714C)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800B5E6714C)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Network I/O Subsystem
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

H.Monk, Aug 14, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 14, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Sudden Crashes - no system additions/changes - Similar Threads - Sudden Crashes system

2. Sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden crashes.: Hi, my desktop has started crashing today. It just goes to a black screen and then restarts. Most of the time there is no dump file created, but the first crash seems to have time to create one. I have linked it here -...
  3. Sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden crashes.: Hi, my desktop has started crashing today. It just goes to a black screen and then restarts. Most of the time there is no dump file created, but the first crash seems to have time to create one. I have linked it here -...
  4. Sudden System Crash, had to reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden System Crash, had to reboot: Hello, System suddenly crashed, I had to reboot manually.Error code in EventVwr:I work on this system so I take crashes very seriously. What could it be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-system-crash-had-to-reboot/d08cc444-6335-4857-ad21-51c146c80e70
  5. Sudden System Crash, had to reboot

Sudden System Crash, had to reboot: Hello, System suddenly crashed, I had to reboot manually.Error code in EventVwr:I work on this system so I take crashes very seriously. What could it be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-system-crash-had-to-reboot/d08cc444-6335-4857-ad21-51c146c80e70
  6. Sudden crash, no system log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden crash, no system log: My computer crashed while playing a game and there's no system log. I was wondering if somebody could take a look at the dump file belowhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/18hCopRW0bSegh5mFXoyxC7kibAbA3Itm/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Sudden crash, no system log

Sudden crash, no system log: My computer crashed while playing a game and there's no system log. I was wondering if somebody could take a look at the dump file belowhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/18hCopRW0bSegh5mFXoyxC7kibAbA3Itm/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Windows Additional Power Option suddenly disappeard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Additional Power Option suddenly disappeard: Hi, I am currently running windows 10 21H1 with the build version 19043.1110. My problem is that I was looking for the "High Performance" mode in the windows additional power plan. But I found that there was only one mode "Balanced Mode", the other three optionHigh...
  9. Additional Features Page Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Additional Features Page Crashing: I am attempting to install the Graphics Diagnostics tool by going through Apps & Features -> Optional Features. However, when I attempt to load the optional features page it attempts to load for a couple seconds then closes. It does not load any installed features not that...
  10. Sudden Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Crash: Hi I got these recurring sudden crashes to the WHOLE system while playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, it is NOT related to any specific position or place in the game. I traced the error through "Reliablity History" and I got this "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....