Windows 10: Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10

Discus and support Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this started happening just yesterday my computer has the following specs for further details CPU- i7 6700k 4.0ghz ram-32 GB GPU- sli 2x1080 so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Loganw97, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Loganw97 Win User

Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10

this started happening just yesterday my computer has the following specs for further details

CPU- i7 6700k 4.0ghz

ram-32 GB

GPU- sli 2x1080

so lets get to the issue at hand my pc usually runs great can watch any videos with ease or play any games with high fps but yesterday it started with slow start up it will get to the point right before the login screen it will black screen for maybe 10-20 sec then it will show the login screen after logging in it will take a few seconds to actually login i have disabled almost all start up except for anti virus and steam and discord which these never caused issues in the past. anyways so next i notice my computer just doesnt have the same speed as it did its not massivly slower but on games such as over watch or league it will have terrible lag now spiking from 30-100 fps but feels way worse then that i usually have a stable 100+ at all times. nextly there is audo cracking and stuttering its not hard core but it is very much noticeable so i have done my research i ran may commands via command promot such as dism with no luck two things i have noticed and idk if they are connected to what is causing the issue is my computer has huge spikes in cpu usage and its not just from one process one that has been cuasing it alot though is system interrupts i run a dianostigv and it says i am getting about 400000+ interrupts per second which seems pretty freaking high. another thing is i tried to do start up repair and windows gave me the error that start up repair is unable to repair your computer anny ideas on how to fix this is greatly appericated

btw side note idk if this could cause any of these issues but my inter has dropped a bit and comcast is coming to fix it but its at 100 which it is stuggles to reach and its usually at 300mbps + download the ping is at about 10-20

I am adding this for rhe past month of two my computer would blue screen sometimes on shutdown with the error of kernal secruity check failure error but i think i fized that idk

:)

Loganw97, Dec 20, 2019

2. Sudden Decrease in Performance?

Those were the first steps I took, but I don't recall offhand if I ran the TFC. I'll have to give that a shot when I get home.

SylenThunder, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Sudden Decrease in Performance?

SFC didn't find anything wrong, but running an integrity check on the drive from Partition Manager did show that it was "dirty" and it repaired the file system errors. I also additionally defragged the MFT. After performing all 6 steps, my PC is back to how it was running previously.

Thanks guys!

SylenThunder, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10

Sudden Deterioration in Windows 10 PC Performance

I have just experienced a sudden and significant deterioration in the performance of my Windows 10 PC.
    Apps are taking much longer to load and open, and I get repeated “not responding” hang-ups, especially with Excel which I use a lot.

This sudden deterioration in performance seems to coincide with the auto download and installation of Windows 10 update KB4023057 on Fri, 06, Jul, 18.
    Strangely, this update is listed in “Installed Update History”, but is not listed when opening “Uninstall Updates”

My PC is an ASUS all in one desktop less than 6 months old, with 4.00 GB of RAM, and running Windows 10 64bit home edition on an Intel i5-8250U processor.
    Windows version is 1709 and OS Build is 16299.492.

Most of my usage involves concurrent use of MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat and a fast fiber optic internet connection. I find it doubtful therefore that system resources are a problem, especially as the problem was non-existent prior to the last 24 hours.

I would much appreciate any insights or recommendations aimed at resolving this issue.

PeterMalkin, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10

1. Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sudden Decrease performance

2. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Gaming
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  3. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  4. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Decreased gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  6. Decreased gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  7. Windows performance decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows performance decreased: So i did a new installation of windows from a Srttrail.txt error with a USB. Unfortunately my Lenovo Laptop has bad performance now running games. It was like 60 fps and now down to 12 fps....
  8. Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update: I normally don't install updates as I'm aware they can slow down PC performance, but I misclicked into doing so. After the update the FPS on multiple games have decreased DRASTICALLY. FPS was never a issue whatsoever except for games with super high graphics. I used to get...
  9. Sudden Deterioration in Windows 10 PC Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Deterioration in Windows 10 PC Performance: I have just experienced a sudden and significant deterioration in the performance of my Windows 10 PC. Apps are taking much longer to load and open, and I get repeated “not responding” hang-ups, especially with Excel which I use a lot. This sudden deterioration in...
  10. Sudden Decrease in Performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Decrease in Performance?: Ok, first off, I upgraded to the insider preview a long time ago from Win7 Ulti. I can't recall exactly when, but it was sometime between November and January. When I was still on 7, I was having some intermittent issues, and was thinking about wiping, but then I just...