Windows 10: Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity

Discus and support Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I recently bought a new laptop battery last April. One day I noticed that my battery discharges faster than usual. After checking the battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Azure6190, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Azure6190 Win User

Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity

Hello! I recently bought a new laptop battery last April. One day I noticed that my battery discharges faster than usual. After checking the battery report, it looks like the battery capacity see second column has decreased by 3,029 mWh on June 21st to 22nd from 32,560 to 29,300 mWh. May I know what can be the probable cause of this? I tried calibrating the battery today, June 28th, and the capacity decreased down to 29,280 mWh. Is my battery defective, or is this normal on fairly new batteries?

:)

Azure6190, Jun 28, 2021

2. Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Repeat the steps Dave suggest you other three times.

Also you can uninstall and reinstall battery from device manager before each charge. You can do that:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on your battery

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each element on battery list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

StefanoTamiotti, Jun 28, 2021
  3. vinay_45 Win User
    Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Sure! I'll do the steps again for 3 times. I'll reply with the result.

Thanks!! Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity :)

vinay_45, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity

battery capacity?

hii

I bought a lenovo ideapad510 laptop yesterday , I looked at the battery report and saw these numbers

Design Capacity

Last Full Charge

today , I looked again and saw this

Design Capacity

Last Full Charge

at the first day the battery worked as 99.5% , so i didn't pay attention and said it looks normal , but now the battery decreased to works as 94.5%

so my question is this decreasing normal especially in such short time " 20 hours " ?!!

thanks in advance

dina

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: battery

dina rafat, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity

1. Sudden decrease of laptop battery capacity - Similar Threads - Sudden decrease laptop

2. Laptop battery capacity suddenly decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery capacity suddenly decreased: I own a 2-year-old HP Pavilion laptop.On the 25th, within 35 minutes, the battery suddenly dropped from 99% to 6%. Ever since then, not only doesn't the battery last more than an hour or two, the battery doesn't charge all the way to 100 but instead, in the 69-75% range.After...
  3. Laptop battery capacity suddenly decreased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop battery capacity suddenly decreased: I own a 2-year-old HP Pavilion laptop.On the 25th, within 35 minutes, the battery suddenly dropped from 99% to 6%. Ever since then, not only doesn't the battery last more than an hour or two, the battery doesn't charge all the way to 100 but instead, in the 69-75% range.After...
  4. Why my laptop Battery capacity decreasing fast ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop Battery capacity decreasing fast ?: laptop Dell inspiron 5480. In June, I replaced old battery with new battery and you can see changes in full charge capacity and designed capacity.And there is a sudden decrease in full charge capacity in one mouth.2023-06-26 - 2023-07-0339,421 mWh42,000 mWh2023-07-0337,188...
  5. Battery capacity suddenly decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery capacity suddenly decreasing: Please can someone help me? My hp omen 15 laptop battery capacity is running down for no reason. I do not understand why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-capacity-suddenly-decreasing/85ae55fb-bbdc-4aa4-a5ba-3bd6135796ab
  6. Battery capacity suddenly decreasing

Battery capacity suddenly decreasing: Please can someone help me? My hp omen 15 laptop battery capacity is running down for no reason. I do not understand why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-capacity-suddenly-decreasing/85ae55fb-bbdc-4aa4-a5ba-3bd6135796ab
  7. Battery capacity suddenly decreasing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Msi laptop battery capacity sudden decrease

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msi laptop battery capacity sudden decrease: I bought my msi laptop about a year and a half ago, these days i noticed a sudden battery drain, if not on power saving it shows an estimated time of 15m or so, with nothing running in the background, i take a good care of my laptop and I'm worried cuz battery report came...
  9. Msi laptop battery capacity sudden decrease

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msi laptop battery capacity sudden decrease: I bought my msi laptop about a year and a half ago, these days i noticed a sudden battery drain, if not on power saving it shows an estimated time of 15m or so, with nothing running in the background, i take a good care of my laptop and I'm worried cuz battery report came...
  10. Msi laptop battery capacity sudden decrease

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the reason for that the fullcharge capcity of my laptop battery reduce time to time