Windows 10: sudden demand for activation

Discus and support sudden demand for activation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (bought in Microsoft store) to Windows 10 Pro two years ago, on July 18 2016. This was almost the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Nov 15, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

sudden demand for activation

Greetings
    I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (bought in Microsoft store) to Windows 10 Pro two years ago, on July 18 2016. This was almost the last moment for free upgrade.
    Everything was OK until last updates: KB4465663 & KB4467702 defined as security updates. Updates came yesterday afternoon.
    Today I find on the bottom-right desktop "Activate Windows".
    I re-entered my product key (as I did when I installed windows 7 ultimate and when I upgraded to windows 10 pro) and it was activated for more than two years (according to control panel --> system or settings --> update & security --> activation.
    What happened?
    What can I do?
    (I didn't make any hardware changes except replacing my dvd writer with the same LG model)
    Please help
    thanks

:)

zivshosh, Nov 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Wont Activate after upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

“Due to high demand for Windows 10 globally, few of us may experience a temporary delay in activation. For Activation Errors
    “0xC004C003 or 0Xc004F050” request you to wait for 24 hours and Windows 10 should activate automatically without any issue on your machine.”

As a work around I suggest you follow the below steps to activate a couple of activation issues.

• Push the start button

• Type Settings

• Navigate to Update and Security

• Click on Activation
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2018
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Nov 15, 2018
  4. sudden demand for activation

Downloaded the Windows 10 usb creation tool and installed it on my USB but getting activation error

Hi,

You may try these steps and check if it helps.

• Push the Start button
    • Type Settings
    • Navigate to Update and Security
    • Click on Activation
    Due to high demand for Windows 10 globally, few of us may experience a temporary delay in activation. For Activation Error 0xC004C003.

Appreciate your patience in this regard.

Maxwell Joseph, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

sudden demand for activation

1. sudden demand for activation - Similar Threads - sudden demand activation

2. Windows suddenly not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows suddenly not activated: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430. I've had it since late 2020, and installed Windows then. Since yesterday, Windows has been saying to activate it after my computer restarted while in sleep mode. The error code given is 0xC004F074, on Windows 10 Pro. Windows was preinstalled on...
  3. Windows suddenly not activated

Windows suddenly not activated: I have a cyberpower gaming pc that comes with pre-installed windows 10. Suddenly i get an "Activate Windows" watermark after about 5 months and when I go to activation settings it says "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organizations...
  4. Windows suddenly not activated

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows suddenly not activated: I have a cyberpower gaming pc that comes with pre-installed windows 10. Suddenly i get an "Activate Windows" watermark after about 5 months and when I go to activation settings it says "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organizations...
  5. Files on Demand

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on Demand: trying to uncheck this option as I want to keep everything live on this specific PC. When I try to do so get a dialogue 'all ondrive files/folders will download to this pc' which is what I want to happen. click OK and the option rechecks and files don't download????...
  6. Windows suddenly activated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows suddenly activated?: I always had unactivated windows, but now there's suddenly no watermark etc, its activated. Could this be because I recently logged on to my school account (to use office365 and onedrive)? Is the school now able to monitor my PC, or other stuff? submitted by /u/HolyGoat99...
  7. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?: I have an Intel i7-4510U based laptop that I use to encode 4K videos on over night . According to specs this thing CPU can operate at 2.0 GHz as base speed and 3.1 GHz as max turbo speed . If I game on this laptop , monitoring utilities shows the CPU to be working at 2.8...
  8. Onedrive for Business suddenly downloading EVERYTHING despte Files-On-Demand

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive for Business suddenly downloading EVERYTHING despte Files-On-Demand: Hi, I've been using a corporate Onedrive to sync work related files. Files On Demand has been pretty good so far at not wasting space on my hard drive. The last two days, though, Onedrive has decided to download everything, file at a time. Why? How can I tell it not...
  9. sudden demand for activation

sudden demand for activation: Greetings I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (bought in Microsoft store) to Windows 10 Pro two years ago, on July 18 2016. This was almost the last moment for free upgrade. Everything was OK until last updates: KB4465663 & KB4467702 defined as security updates. Updates came...
  10. sudden demand for activation

sudden demand for activation: Greetings I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (bought in Microsoft store) to Windows 10 Pro two years ago, on July 18 2016. This was almost the last moment for free upgrade. Everything was OK until last updates: KB4465663 & KB4467702 defined as security updates. Updates came...