Windows 10: Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

Discus and support Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vadim Zuev, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and 2TB WD Black SN850 installed in PCIE_4 chipset. The motherboard is quite new and I did a Windows reset after installing it on the 13th of November, after which I have installed the drivers and the software I need. I benchmarked both drives immediately after, the results were OK:980 ProSN850About a week ago I ran Pa

:)

Vadim Zuev, Dec 1, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Dec 1, 2021
  3. ritjesman Win User
    Is dramatic drop (>30%) in space usage normal?

Hello - wasn't sure if this belongs in Performance or Upgrades ...

I‘ve recently completed the Win7 –> Win10 migration and was quite surprised to find that space usage on my OS-Apps drive – after deleting windows.old – had dropped by ≈ 30% (38% adjusting for the hibernation file (which has now been disabled)):

Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance [​IMG]

All of my Apps (haven’t tested games yet) are still available and functional albeit with help from Compatibility mode. Potential causes I can think of:

1. There’s a bunch of Win7 functionality missing that I’ve not yet run into
    2. Win10 has an amazingly smaller footprint for equivalent functionality (which would be even more amazing given the number of running processes and services vs. Win7)
    3. I’ve done something wrong
    4. Something else outside of my “circle of knowledge”

Should I be concerned?

Thanx in advance for your time and expertise.

ritjesman, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

Dramatic fps drops in most of the games.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

There is a possibility, that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

• Have installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you updated all device drivers on the pc?

• Do you have the latest version of those games?

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any
    updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Method 2: Perform a
    Clean boot. Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below
    to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

1. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance - Similar Threads - Sudden dramatic drop

2. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  3. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  4. Sudden dramatic performance drop Windows 11 Alienware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden dramatic performance drop Windows 11 Alienware: Hello all. These past couple of days have been really hard with my laptop. I use an Alienware M15 R4 that's supposed to run smoothly. Yesterday, January 7th, I started noticing very dramatic performance drops including significant drops in FPS, and a big increase in...
  5. Sudden dramatic performance drop Windows 11 Alienware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden dramatic performance drop Windows 11 Alienware: Hello all. These past couple of days have been really hard with my laptop. I use an Alienware M15 R4 that's supposed to run smoothly. Yesterday, January 7th, I started noticing very dramatic performance drops including significant drops in FPS, and a big increase in...
  6. Sudden performance drop in every game!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden performance drop in every game!: I Was able to play CSGO, Valorant, Ironsight WITHOUT ANY LAG, Suddenly My PC Just started lagging, specifically Stutters. Everytime i fire, theres more particles on screen than usual, the fps drops to 20 and 15Please Help!...
  7. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...
  8. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...
  9. Computer Performance Suddenly Dropped

Computer Performance Suddenly Dropped: Hi everyone,Several days ago I started having performance issues when ever I attempt to play games on my computer. The type of game doesn't really matter, it could be a triple A game or the equivalent of a mobile game, and I will have serious issues trying to play it. I'm...
  10. Dramatically slow performance

Dramatically slow performance: My Windows 10 laptop has been dramatically slow for the last 8-10 days. It has 4GB DDR4 RAM & HDD 1TB harddrive. Nowadays most of the time the RAM and Harddrive look 100% full. [ATTACH] What should I do?...