Windows 10: Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop dissappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how...

Discus and support Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop dissappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop disappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how to use this new setup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BuzEichman, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop dissappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how...

Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop disappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how to use this new setup.

:)

BuzEichman, Oct 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop dissappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how...

Desktop icons gone

Using Windows 10. All of a sudden everything turned sideways. Finally got it back to normal with help from CenturyLink @ease but not ALL my desktop icons are GONE. I've tried restoring; restarting, everything I know to do and no icon appears. Task bar
    is in tact.

Judy Schnabel, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop dissappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how...

1. Sudden drastic changes to Windows 10. Desktop dissappeared. Task bar gone. Don't know how... - Similar Threads - Sudden drastic changes

2. my icons in the desktop and task bar are gone. why and how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons in the desktop and task bar are gone. why and how can i fix it?: first all icons started getting a red cross on the lower right side than i read i need more cloede in one drive so i paid for more cload storage now some crosses not all are gone but my icons just turned into earth?...
  3. small change I don't like on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    small change I don't like on task bar: Hi everyone, this is nothing very bad but rather I don't like what happened. Last night I've downloaded and installed KB5023706 and KB5022845, now I've noticed that this menu on the bar doesn't go automatically on 2 rows like it used to do for decades and how I badly drawed...
  4. small change I don't like on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    small change I don't like on task bar: Hi everyone, this is nothing very bad but rather I don't like what happened. Last night I've downloaded and installed KB5023706 and KB5022845, now I've noticed that this menu on the bar doesn't go automatically on 2 rows like it used to do for decades and how I badly drawed...
  5. The desktop background and start bar suddenly changed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The desktop background and start bar suddenly changed.: I have recently switched from macOS to Windows 10. Now, I know that I'm more likely to catch a trojan or something than I should with macOS. By being aware of that, today my desktop background changed to a picture of a cliff climber, and the taskbar and start bar turned from...
  6. Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!: The Volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I cannot changed the volume! There is an ^ symbol now and that gives a box with a number of items I never use. How do I get the Volume icon back!!?...
  7. Windows suddenly changed colours. Don't know how to change them back.

Windows suddenly changed colours. Don't know how to change them back.: I have no idea what happened here but the text/folder colours in Windows randomly changed and I can't change all of them back. I had it on dark mode, and set that again. The accent colour had somehow changed to blue, so I made it grey. But when I open the file explorer, the...
  8. Unclickable black triangle above Task Bar. Don't know how to get rid of it.

Unclickable black triangle above Task Bar. Don't know how to get rid of it.: I found a similar post from 3 years ago here, but that solution no longer applies. Can anyone figure this out? There is a black triangle (flat edge on top, pointy edged down) in the middle just above the task bar. It is unclickable, and in fact there is a larger (invisible)...
  9. my task bar changed suddenly can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my task bar changed suddenly can't fix it.: My task baf had a few frequently used items om it like Otlool edges anda couple others now suddenly those on are gone and it is filled with mu computer, network, control panel one drive This pc, recycle bin, librabiesetc. L don't know how they all got there. the entire tak...
  10. desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop crashes and task bar gone when on the internet: if I am on Chrome or firefox and I go to pull my task bar down, (as it is parked on the page top), it disappears and I have to close the browsers then click anywhere on the desktop, in which I get the new white screen of death, then the desktop reloads and everything is fine...