Windows 10: Sudden drop in my PC performance.

Discus and support Sudden drop in my PC performance. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an hp laptop with intel i5 8th gen, 8 gb ram, amd radeon R7 M340, windows 10. I usually use my laptop for playing games. Few weeks back my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YASH PRADHAN, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Sudden drop in my PC performance.

I have an hp laptop with intel i5 8th gen, 8 gb ram, amd radeon R7 M340, windows 10.

I usually use my laptop for playing games.

Few weeks back my laptop started slowing down, i tired to fix it by deleting closing some background apps and deletind some applications i do not use. But nothing worked.

Now the situation is such that my pc freezes at every click for about 30 to 40 seconds at least.

What should i do ?

:)

YASH PRADHAN, Nov 9, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Sudden drop of the pc performance

We appreciate you providing us those information.

Is there an antivirus program present on your PC? If yes, have you tried running an antivirus scan? This is what
    Ken Blake is referring to.

To further troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing, let's see if it will still occur when you create and use a different administrator account to run your programs. Kindly
    create another administrator account and observe
    if the issue will still be present.

Performing a Clean Boot can check if there are certain applications that are causing the issue.
    Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

You can also boot your PC into Safe Mode to check if the same issue will persist. Starting your PC in
    Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC while using a limited set of files and drivers. Here's how to set your PC in
    Safe Mode:

• Press the Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch Settings.
    • Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
    • Click the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
    • Select Troubleshoot when you get into the Choose an option screen.
    • Select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select 4 or press the F4 key from the keyboard after your PC restarts to start your PC now in
      Safe Mode.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Sudden drop in my PC performance.

Sudden Deterioration in Windows 10 PC Performance

I have just experienced a sudden and significant deterioration in the performance of my Windows 10 PC.
    Apps are taking much longer to load and open, and I get repeated “not responding” hang-ups, especially with Excel which I use a lot.

This sudden deterioration in performance seems to coincide with the auto download and installation of Windows 10 update KB4023057 on Fri, 06, Jul, 18.
    Strangely, this update is listed in “Installed Update History”, but is not listed when opening “Uninstall Updates”

My PC is an ASUS all in one desktop less than 6 months old, with 4.00 GB of RAM, and running Windows 10 64bit home edition on an Intel i5-8250U processor.
    Windows version is 1709 and OS Build is 16299.492.

Most of my usage involves concurrent use of MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat and a fast fiber optic internet connection. I find it doubtful therefore that system resources are a problem, especially as the problem was non-existent prior to the last 24 hours.

I would much appreciate any insights or recommendations aimed at resolving this issue.

PeterMalkin, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Sudden drop in my PC performance.

1. Sudden drop in my PC performance. - Similar Threads - Sudden drop performance

2. Performance suddenly dropped during gameplay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance suddenly dropped during gameplay.: I was just playing a game and suddenly started getting really bad performance and ever since then my computer has been super slow and not able to do any simple tasks, before this it started having a lot of blue screens but I just brushed it off. I tried a lot of things but...
  3. Performance suddenly dropped during gameplay.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance suddenly dropped during gameplay.: I was just playing a game and suddenly started getting really bad performance and ever since then my computer has been super slow and not able to do any simple tasks, before this it started having a lot of blue screens but I just brushed it off. I tried a lot of things but...
  4. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  5. Sudden Pc Performance Drop

Sudden Pc Performance Drop: Hey,I used to Be able to Play Fortnite, Valorant, Gta V in mid settings without any slutter or FPS drop but nowadays whenever i try to play such titles my Game Sluttrers a lot even in the lowest possible settings, it gives fps but slutters a lot and i was also able to do...
  6. Sudden performance drop in every game!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden performance drop in every game!: I Was able to play CSGO, Valorant, Ironsight WITHOUT ANY LAG, Suddenly My PC Just started lagging, specifically Stutters. Everytime i fire, theres more particles on screen than usual, the fps drops to 20 and 15Please Help!...
  7. Sudden performance drop in every game!

Sudden performance drop in every game!: I Was able to play CSGO, Valorant, Ironsight WITHOUT ANY LAG, Suddenly My PC Just started lagging, specifically Stutters. Everytime i fire, theres more particles on screen than usual, the fps drops to 20 and 15Please Help!...
  8. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...
  9. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...
  10. Computer Performance Suddenly Dropped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Performance Suddenly Dropped: Hi everyone,Several days ago I started having performance issues when ever I attempt to play games on my computer. The type of game doesn't really matter, it could be a triple A game or the equivalent of a mobile game, and I will have serious issues trying to play it. I'm...