Windows 10: Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices

Discus and support Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use my phone and tablet as a portable file containers, devices I can also use to edit my files. Around 2 days ago when I've tried to copy some files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by binks, Sep 27, 2016.

1. binks Win User

Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices

I use my phone and tablet as a portable file containers, devices I can also use to edit my files. Around 2 days ago when I've tried to copy some files to my tablet error message come up saying that files can't be copied as device stopped responding or has been disconnected. It seemed strange as I didn't touched the device so it couldn't be disconnected and I could freely navigate on its microSD card through pic's OS. Then I've tried 4 different cables to eliminate cable fault. Still the same results regardless if I connect the tablet through USB hub or directly to the pc. The same is happening when trying to copy files to my phone.
    This is how my USB section in Device Manager looks like

Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices [​IMG]

Do you guys have any idea why suddenly I'm having those errors?
    One day it works perfectly and the next day I can't copy anything to my devices. It started around the same time when Windows suddenly decided that it won't recognize mounted LAN drives. It worked perfectly the day before.
    Do you guys have any clue what's going on with those USB connected devices?

I haven't made any hardware changes recently nor installed any software

:)

binks, Sep 27, 2016
  2. tOM_1981 Win User

error when copying files using the usb cable and explorer

all of a sudden when i try to copy things to my touch hd using the file explorer (not WMDC) i get an error message saying that it cannot copy because the device has either stopped working or been disconnected - when the device is quite clearly still connected
    and is working.

it only happens at the end of copying the items and if you hit skip sometimes it even copies the item

has anyone else had this problem? does anyone know how i'd sort it? It doesn't happen on all files either, just some! The files aren't corrupted as I can open them fine.

Cheers,

T

tOM_1981, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Copying files to an USB device

I have a rather new Dell laptop with Windows 10 but had to send it in for repairs with the Windows 10. Dell returned it with all of my apps and files deleted - like a new computer. Since then I have not been able to copy my document files from 3 separate
    USB devices and a SD card. Some files will copy but I keep getting a message for other files that there is a problem with the device and it needs to be fixed. With mixed results it either "repairs" it or locks up the computer. If I ignore the fix message
    I can use it OK. However, some files do indeed copy but others will not do so giving me a message with code 0x80070570 with text that the directory is corrupted and not readable. It happens on all 4 devices and 3 are new - and in all of my USB ports and the
    SD slot. So, I do not trust the message.

I tried to get help from Dell without success. They claim it is a software issue and wanted me to send it back again with a $89 charge - stating that software is not covered by my warranty. I do not believe this and am looking for advice from the community.
    Before I send it to Dell I would bring it to a local computer repair store. Hope you can help.

BillDingas, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

This is normally the tablet going to sleep. You may have to set it to stay alive have you enabled development options

Samuria, Sep 27, 2016
  5. binks Win User
    But that's the thing. Tablet has always been set that way. So why it did worked just a few days ago?

binks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sudden errors when copying files to USB devices - Similar Threads - Sudden errors copying

2. Error 0x80004005 when copying files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80004005 when copying files: I am using the new AE 2023 full crack and it sucessfully installed, but the problem was when I extract the file, it sent the the following error:If I skip then it will lost all the setup data.If I try again then it just continue to show this error.I tried to use the solution...
  3. Error 0x80004005 when copying files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80004005 when copying files: I am using the new AE 2023 full crack and it sucessfully installed, but the problem was when I extract the file, it sent the the following error:If I skip then it will lost all the setup data.If I try again then it just continue to show this error.I tried to use the solution...
  4. Cound not fine this item error when trying to copy files to a NAS device.

Cound not fine this item error when trying to copy files to a NAS device.: When I try to copy some files to a NAS system I get an error message "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Whatever. Verify the item's location and try again" I've seen similar issues on here about deleting a file but not when copying it. It doesn't...
  5. error code 0x80070570 when copying files to new/recently formatted USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 0x80070570 when copying files to new/recently formatted USB: Hi,I bought a new USB flash drive recently to store music files, and when I first attempted to copy over the files to it I came across this error message but for some unexplained reason it eventually worked. The drive was exFAT formatted at the time, which was incompatible...
  6. error code 0x80070570 when copying files to new/recently formatted USB

error code 0x80070570 when copying files to new/recently formatted USB: Hi,I bought a new USB flash drive recently to store music files, and when I first attempted to copy over the files to it I came across this error message but for some unexplained reason it eventually worked. The drive was exFAT formatted at the time, which was incompatible...
  7. errors when copying/cutting files

errors when copying/cutting files: Hello Experts - I have Win10 Home 64b, 21H1 -19043.1466 - Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 on a Acer E5-575 Laptop. When I try to back up large blocks of data using copy, I sometimes get errors during the transfer process. But I need a way to go back & try to fix the...
  8. errors when copying/cutting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    errors when copying/cutting files: Hello Experts - I have Win10 Home 64b, 21H1 -19043.1466 - Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 on a Acer E5-575 Laptop. When I try to back up large blocks of data using copy, I sometimes get errors during the transfer process. But I need a way to go back & try to fix the...
  9. errors when copying/cutting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when copying files to HDD's or deleting files.: I recently bought two drives (a 1TB Seagate and a 2 TB WD) off Facebook Marketplace. I know it's a risk to buy used HDD, particularly on Facebook/Craiglist/etc..., but considering the cost I thought it was an acceptable risk. I am having some strange issues with these two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone copying files this DEVICE IS CURRENTLY