Windows 10: Sudden failure of W10 to load correctly

Discus and support Sudden failure of W10 to load correctly in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The last time I started my PC what appeared was not my Desktop with about 40 icons and a full Taskbar, but a largely blank screen with only a dozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by clayto, Feb 13, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Sudden failure of W10 to load correctly

The last time I started my PC what appeared was not my Desktop with about 40 icons and a full Taskbar, but a largely blank screen with only a dozen icons confined to the left of the screen. Most of my apps / programs, files and folders are not available, without digging down to find them. Start Menu Tiles have gone, although the alphabetical list looks in tact. File Explorer was not visible, but I have managed to access it so it seems I can in a clumsy way launch most of the files I have tried; and so far the few apps tried mostly work although their data seems to have gone eg. Sticky Notes.Copy History. I have not tried saved documents, media and emails yet. Emails are on my phone.

My questions are about what to do now, to recover my system with minimum damage.I can access WinRE and have tried a Repair Reinstall without success, so are there other options in RE I should try? I have not found the Restore Points yet but on past experience do not have much confidence in them anyway. But I do have a full Disk Image Backup, created with Aomei Backupper (as I have been following advice on this site) --- it was created just after the May and then the November update so it wont have the more recent minor updates, or a number of programs / apps installed since the end of last year. Hence it could be better to try other possibilities first, if available. Advice will be very welcome.

:)

clayto, Feb 13, 2020

2. Recovery: Windows didn’t load correctly

Hi,

Damages within the Windows Boot Configuration can be a possible cause why you are experiencing unexpected restart or reboot and getting the message "Windows didn’t load correctly". For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri in this
    thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not loading correctly.

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with the display message "Recovery - It looks like Windows didn't load correctly", we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, aside from rebooting, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Sudden failure of W10 to load correctly

Windows has not loaded correctly error

Just upgraded a laptop of a friend from Windows 8 to Windows 10....all went smoothly, except when starting up get the message Windows has not loaded correctly......with an error message DRV - possibly IRQ with a number which she couldn't write down quick enough

she he has tried the troubleshooting steps, but does not want to reset and lose apps or data....there is an option to recover back to Windows 8, but don't really want to do,this ' yet '

She was unable to get into safe mode, as I have read turning off fast boot can solve this issue, or perhaps a clean boot...

before upgrading she had had mcaffee and avast installed, I planned to uninstall mcaffee after the upgrade...

Could anyone suggest a solution please ?

I did a true image backup first, so that is an option also

reddwarf4ever, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Sudden failure of W10 to load correctly

1. Sudden failure of W10 to load correctly - Similar Threads - Sudden failure W10

2. MSN not loading correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN not loading correctly: I cannot access information when clicking on stories https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-not-loading-correctly/bd8c020f-4f5a-4399-a943-52df40b0d1c4
  3. MSN not loading correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN not loading correctly: I cannot access information when clicking on stories https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-not-loading-correctly/bd8c020f-4f5a-4399-a943-52df40b0d1c4
  4. W10 taskbar constantly loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 taskbar constantly loading: Hello,I have issues with my windows 10 device. When I open my PC the taskbar constantly loads only. All the icons and folder also disappears. When I try to hover on the taskbar it will only loads. I need to restart my device to stop it from loading. I have the updated drivers...
  5. FS2020 Failure to Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2020 Failure to Load: I login to my Microsoft Account. I search for flight simulator. Search says I own this game and offers "Install/Play" selection. I select "Install/Play" and I am taken to a purchase screen for a game I own! Game does not download!...
  6. Installation Failure W7 - W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Failure W7 - W10: Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Is anyone familiar with this?...
  7. W10 v1607 upgrade failure

W10 v1607 upgrade failure: Have been trying to upgrade v1607 to current version of W10. Upgrade runs for a couple hours, then eventually fails with no further information as to reason the upgrade failed. So how does one fix this problem?...
  8. W10 update on tablet failure

W10 update on tablet failure: I have a small tablet which came with W10 pre-installed, and I have updated to the latest versions of W10 as they became available. The latest update in Nov 2018 has left me with a useless tablet and no way of access anything:- The update as such appeared to go OK, but at...
  9. Webpages not loading correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Webpages not loading correctly: I don't know if it is a windows 10 problem or a google chrome problem but some pages like facebook and netflix have started loading wrong. A lot of the color is gone and many of the words are moved slightly in the wrong direction. Most things can not be clicked on. 19472
  10. W10 upgrade failure

W10 upgrade failure: Installed all drivers under W7 Ran upgrade checks - and all backups. W10 upgraded proceeded, went to end reboot and presented Login screen Then found mouse & keyboard not working (in fact no USB at all) Found an old PS2 kyb that worked ... not easy finding your way...