Windows 10: Sudden FPS drop

Discus and support Sudden FPS drop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i’ve Been trying to fix my pc and it’s low performance for weeks now and nothing seems to work. Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KayNotSeen, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Sudden FPS drop

So i’ve Been trying to fix my pc and it’s low performance for weeks now and nothing seems to work. Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of windows which is 21H1. My game used to have at least 100 FPS but now i can’t even play the game as it looks like it’s running on 1fps. I have tried reinstalling my old 20H2 but it just will not work so I redownloaded the game multiple times in both versions and nothing seems to work out.My pc has a IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.41GHz processor8 GB RAM and a 64x operating system Thank you

:)

KayNotSeen, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Dull Byte Win User

Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Nov 9, 2021
  3. Sudden FPS Drops on Windows 10

So I have had this Dell G7 15 Gaming laptop for about 4 months and have been playing games on it since the start. About 1 month ago I started encountering sudden FPS drops on one of my games and ignored at first. But the problem was very consistent I would
    face FPS drops about every 5 mins with frame rates sometimes dropping to as low as 10 for a time period of about 15 seconds.

At first, I thought this was a problem I was facing while playing only 1 game but soon I realized that the problem is not with the game but with windows itself since I'm facing the same problem on every game.

I tried many solutions including updating my driver, reinstalling my driver, reinstalling my game, lowering my graphics setting and changing my Registry settings however nothing is able to solve this problem and now my game would not even go beyond 40 FPS
    while it was running on 120 about a month ago with no problems.

I'm considering resetting my laptop in hopes of going back to my previous setting with this being my last option before I do so. Please help.

AshishParmar1, Nov 9, 2021
  4. sazzad_ag Win User

Sudden FPS drop

In Game Sudden FPS Drops by 30/32 FPS

Hi guys,
    Recently i upgrade my OS to Windows 8.1 PRO.
    And upgrade my GPU driver to 337.50
    i install 2 game, (All are MAX setting)
    1. Ghost Recon Future Soldier,
    2. BioShock Infinite
    But i face a problem.
    Their are Sudden FPS Drops in game .
    Sudden FPS Drops by 30/32 FPS.
    What's the problem? *Bang Head :banghead:

My Spec:
    i7 950, x58 Sabertooth, 2x4GB 1600, EVGA 780 SC w/ACX
    1600x900 res.

sazzad_ag, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Sudden FPS drop

1. Sudden FPS drop - Similar Threads - Sudden FPS drop

2. Sudden FPS Drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS Drops in games: Hello, So quite recently, I was forced naturally by windows to update to Windows 11. I was quite pessimistic, but then I read more about it and so I did not mind having it after ensuring that new update does not decrease your performance. Well, i hoped that's the thing, yet...
  3. Sudden FPS drops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS drops.: Hey guys! I had a question. Yesterday my computer had REALLY slow frame per second. it went into 4 FPS, this is strange since it never happend before. It happens when i open Roblox and Discord, i have tried updating it but it stayed the same and sometimes worse, the frame...
  4. Sudden FPS drops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden FPS drops.: Hey guys! I had a question. Yesterday my computer had REALLY slow frame per second. it went into 4 FPS, this is strange since it never happend before. It happens when i open Roblox and Discord, i have tried updating it but it stayed the same and sometimes worse, the frame...
  5. Sudden FPS drops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Sudden FPS drops in Valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS drops in Valorant: I've been experiencing this problem for a while where when I launch the game, I get good and constant frames 100+. But my frames always seem to drop around 5 minutes after opening the game; usually to 40-55. I have tried optimizing my game as much as possible but this problem...
  7. Sudden FPS drops in Valorant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden FPS drops in Valorant: I've been experiencing this problem for a while where when I launch the game, I get good and constant frames 100+. But my frames always seem to drop around 5 minutes after opening the game; usually to 40-55. I have tried optimizing my game as much as possible but this problem...
  8. Sudden FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS drop: So i’ve Been trying to fix my pc and it’s low performance for weeks now and nothing seems to work. Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of windows which is 21H1. My game used to have at least 100 FPS but now i can’t even play the game as it looks like it’s running on...
  9. sudden fps drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudden fps drop: have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. I got a sudden fps drop for 2 weeks now in all my games like assassin's creed Valhalla from 50 fps to 12 - 17 fps game like unity goes from 80 fps to 20 fps and stays there i tried other games and the same...
  10. Fps sudden drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fps sudden drop?: Hi guys, just wanna ask, what’s an optimized setting for gaming on windows 10? (anything i should off/tweak?) Sudden fps drop when gaming. Not sure if it’s windows 10 issues or my laptop’s issues. (It’s running an low spec game though) submitted by /u/xobitox [link]...