Windows 10: Sudden freeze up, mouse still moves around frozen screen keyboard works slightly, No...

Discus and support Sudden freeze up, mouse still moves around frozen screen keyboard works slightly, No... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While watching news clips or youtube video >sudden freeze mouse still moves around frozen screen >key board only lets me open "windows key" + X menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MorrisLanda, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Sudden freeze up, mouse still moves around frozen screen keyboard works slightly, No...

While watching news clips or youtube video >sudden freeze mouse still moves around frozen screen >key board only lets me open "windows key" + X menu

"taskman" does not function or pop up after issue using menu, just like ICE-frozen, MUST REBOOT every time I watch something for aprox 2 minutes. if I watch no videos during my pc session, all works fine. troubleshoot cant find issue after reboot, it leaves nothing to find after the freeze and reboot! Tried all types of utility programs- cleaned drive up, checked for bad memory, optimized and so much more ???? Help please if you know! much thanks!

:)

MorrisLanda, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

Its a black screen with no menu or icons but you can move the mouse freely

Harry9001, Sep 18, 2018
  3. my screen freezes when i move my mouse

my screen freezes when i move my mouse it freezes then unfreezes nothing else but the screen the sound still works while frozen here is the specs

Processor: AMD A6-5200 With Raedon HD 2.00 Ghz

Installed ram: 4.00 Gb 3.47 usable

System type: 64-bit Operating system x64-based Processor

mycomputerfreeze, Sep 18, 2018
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Sudden freeze up, mouse still moves around frozen screen keyboard works slightly, No...

Keyboard/mouse freeze on XP...

My sisters computer has an issue I have never seen before.

The mouse always works until you try to type something, and then the keyboard and mouse quit working. The computer itself is not frozen. Sometimes the computer has to be restarted 5+ times to get it to work right.

Do you think it is an issue with the keyboard, or the ps/2 ports? I could not find a virus.

It has a cheap Lite-on keyboard and Roswill mouse.

jpierce55, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Sudden freeze up, mouse still moves around frozen screen keyboard works slightly, No...

1. Sudden freeze up, mouse still moves around frozen screen keyboard works slightly, No... - Similar Threads - Sudden freeze mouse

2. Windows 11 Frozen but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Frozen but mouse still moves: Hi so I’ve been having issues installing my graphics driver. From the app, it would just tell me “installation failed” so I tried to download the driver from the official site and install it manually. However, now my pc is frozen. I can’t click on anything, I can’t open the...
  3. Windows 11 Frozen but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Frozen but mouse still moves: Hi so I’ve been having issues installing my graphics driver. From the app, it would just tell me “installation failed” so I tried to download the driver from the official site and install it manually. However, now my pc is frozen. I can’t click on anything, I can’t open the...
  4. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  5. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  6. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  7. Computer freezes but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves: My computer has been freezing to where all my apps don't respond if I open any game BUT destiny 2 on the lowest settings. By freezing I mean I'm able to move my apps and minimize but can't close them. Also in discord my voice calls all stop taking audio and nothing with in...
  8. Computer is frozen But mouse still moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is frozen But mouse still moves: My computer is frozen on the whole screen. I can move the mouse around but I can't click anything. This happened a few times now. In the past, I pressed the reboot button of the computer then everything was back. But I had a bad result after restarted the computer. The Word...
  9. Second monitor is frozen, but I can still move my mouse around.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is frozen, but I can still move my mouse around.: I have noticed a new issue where my second display is frozen, however I can still see my desktop and move my mouse around, but I am unable to click, drag any windows, or do anything. So all I see is my desktop and taskbar and my mouse moving but nothing else moves. If I drag...
  10. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer sudden freeze mouse works