Windows 10: Sudden GIANT mouse pointer

Discus and support Sudden GIANT mouse pointer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem with intermittent change in size of my mouse pointer, cursor, etc. I have my settings at minimal, and at a fresh reboot, they are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weybrew, Sep 2, 2020.

1. weybrew Win User

Sudden GIANT mouse pointer

I have a problem with intermittent change in size of my mouse pointer, cursor, etc. I have my settings at minimal, and at a fresh reboot, they are all the correct size. Yet, for some reason, they all suddenly switch to BIG! I recheck my settings and they are all still at the minimal setting I selected. There doesn't seem to be any apparent trigger for this change. Someone suggested that I delete the driver in Device Manager>mouse and reboot. When I checked, I found that I have 2 seemingly identical drivers. I thought I would delete both before the reboot, but it seems that Win 10 won't let me uninstall but one at a time. The only problem is that when I delete the first one my mouse becomes unusable and I can't control the reboot, or anything else. So, how can I uninstall both drivers and still have any control to restart?

And it goes to say that if this isn't even the correct fix for my problem, can someone tell me what is?

Win 10 PRO v2004 (build no. 19041.450)

:)

weybrew, Sep 2, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

Giant size mouse pointer and curser.

For the longest time, my Win 10 (v 10.0.18363) PC has had an annoying habit of suddenly jumping from my small mouse pointer and curser size to a GIANT SIZE of each. The settings for such things has not changed, but I cannot find a way to reverse the change. Can anyone give me some guidance on this, please?

weybrew, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Sudden GIANT mouse pointer

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Sudden GIANT mouse pointer

1. Sudden GIANT mouse pointer - Similar Threads - Sudden GIANT mouse

2. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  3. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  4. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  5. Mouse is not working all of sudden, and mouse pointer is disappearing. The mouse is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse is not working all of sudden, and mouse pointer is disappearing. The mouse is...: My mouse is not working. It is properly working on all other computers. It is not working only on my computer. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-not-working-all-of-sudden-and-mouse/512750c7-f09d-47ff-bced-bf2873e1447f
  6. Giant size mouse pointer and curser.

in Windows 10 Support
    Giant size mouse pointer and curser.: For the longest time, my Win 10 (v 10.0.18363) PC has had an annoying habit of suddenly jumping from my small mouse pointer and curser size to a GIANT SIZE of each. The settings for such things has not changed, but I cannot find a way to reverse the change. Can anyone give me...
  7. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  8. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  9. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  10. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d