Windows 10: sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10)

Discus and support sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My wifi suddenly stopped functioning last night, while I was using my Lenovo laptop (running Win10). Using Settings/Network &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ghusya, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ghusya Win User

sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10)

Hello,

My wifi suddenly stopped functioning last night, while I was using my Lenovo laptop (running Win10).

Using Settings/Network & Internet/Status/Troubleshoot gives:

- SecureLine card deactivated

Then trying to repair as administrator shows :

- Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wireless network adapter problem

- SecureLine doesn't have a valid IP configuration

- Ethernet cable is disconnected (I have since connected a crossover ethernet cable, and managed to see and copy files to my Toshiba laptop, though am unable to see the Lenovo laptop from my Toshiba)

- SecureLine card is deactivated

Any good suggestions on how to solve this?

I attach the "Elevated Diagnostics" report (though regrettably it is in french since my Windows installation on the Lenovo is french).

My thanks for any useful help that you can provide.

:)

ghusya, Aug 29, 2019
  2. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10) [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Aug 29, 2019
  3. SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in new Win10 Universal apps

Thanks Rakesh

I don't think it's a driver issue, as the Touchpad functions correctly in
    everything
    other than the Win10 apps

It's the enhanced functionality which is available from the Synaptics device which doesn't function.

sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10) b90ac250-c24d-4f6f-ba67-4f00a6cc9170.png

I've done the following as suggested (having imaged the drive first so I can recover if required)

• Deleted the Synaptics program settings in control panel (as the setup won't run until this is removed)

• sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10) d43b5d2b-e677-4e1c-a81e-4944e0ab9c47.png
    • Run setup from the downloaded 19.0.19.1 Synaptics driver files
    • After this, the extra "Device Settings" tab is not present in the "Mouse Properties" window, and the enhanced functionality is no longer available in anything.
    So I've reinstalled the disk image to get back to the Synaptics functionality.

As I said in the original post - the enhanced scroll etc functionality works everywhere (including in the CPL>"Programs and Features" window) , but doesn't work in the new Win10 app windows.

telemarker, Aug 29, 2019
  4. sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10)

Wifi Toggle Suggestion

Could the shortcut to turn on/off WiFi on Windows Phone be 'pin-able'? It's one of my most used functions.

Is this the best place for suggestions?

Thanks, Chris.

MrChrisMurray, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10)

1. sudden halt of all wifi functionality (running Win10) - Similar Threads - sudden halt wifi

2. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  3. PC runs slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC runs slow all of a sudden: The other night I updated and shut down my laptop. I've just updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10 but now it is running so slowly and get 2fps on the games I average 50fps minimum. I've tried uninstalling the update, installing an antivirus and disabling all...
  4. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi all of a sudden rubbish: Hello, So I used to have very quick Wi-Fi on my pc up to 60mb download speed but all of a sudden it is rubbish barely reacting 5mb download speed and I’m not sure why could anyone help me get it back to its original speed. I know it’s not to do with my router as it’s fine on...
  5. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi all of a sudden rubbish: Hello, So I used to have very quick Wi-Fi on my pc up to 60mb download speed but all of a sudden it is rubbish barely reacting 5mb download speed and I’m not sure why could anyone help me get it back to its original speed. I know it’s not to do with my router as it’s fine on...
  6. Wifi all of a sudden rubbish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  8. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  9. WiFi Slow All of a Sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Slow All of a Sudden: Over the past few days my WiFi speed has been 1-4mb down, 1mb up. It used to be around 20mb down, 10mb up. This coincided with a Windows update on June 11, but I've uninstalled the update Security Update for Adobe Flash Player to no effect. This is certainly a problem with...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly drops all USB functionality plus Ethernet/WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 suddenly drops all USB functionality plus Ethernet/WiFi: Hi all! I've been having an issue for the past week, where my PC randomly chimes the USB disconnect sound, and all peripherals mouse, keyboard, dongles and Ethernet stop working. They still get power illuminated keyboard and mouse, but will not work, forcing me to restart....