Windows 10: Sudden increase in ram usage

Discus and support Sudden increase in ram usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before yesterday my idle usage of ram was about 25% wich is pretty normal but last night I tried to download a movie via uTorrent but it didn't end up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/random_fella67, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Sudden increase in ram usage

Before yesterday my idle usage of ram was about 25% wich is pretty normal but last night I tried to download a movie via uTorrent but it didn't end up working. But since then my idle usage has been doubled. Anybody knows what causes this? Does it have anything to do with that torrent? I have already deleted the files. And if it has nothing to do with the torrent, what could have caused this sudden increase?

submitted by /u/random_fella67
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/random_fella67, Mar 22, 2020

2. How to increase dedicated video ram windows 10

i want to increase my dedicated video ram i have intel iris 5100 but i dont know how pls list a step by step way to increase it (windows 10)

muhammed dönmez, Mar 22, 2020
  3. lmavaiya Win User
    Increasing RAM Solve 100% disk usage problem ?

i have 4GB ram in my lenovo z500 laptop.

When i install windows 8 in my laptop it working fine.

but after some time disk usage gone to 100% and laptop will not work.

Shall i increase RAM size for this problem ?

lmavaiya, Mar 22, 2020
  4. knute97 Win User

Sudden increase in ram usage

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Sudden increase in ram usage

1. Sudden increase in ram usage - Similar Threads - Sudden increase ram

2. Powershell sudden high ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell sudden high ram usage: In the last week I have noticed sudden power shell windows appearing for a moment and then my laptop begins to be slow and laggy, I remember installing some vpn programs but then I uninstalled them all, but still has these PowerShell blinking and high ram, disk, CPU usage....
  3. Powershell sudden high ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell sudden high ram usage: After some time of turning on the pc, Windows PowerShell pops up for an instant and disappears instantly. After that the Windows PowerShell keeps running in the background and takes too much ram causing the pc to work slow. It takes more than 4 gb of ram. It also takes high...
  4. Powershell sudden high ram usage

Powershell sudden high ram usage: After some time of turning on the pc, Windows PowerShell pops up for an instant and disappears instantly. After that the Windows PowerShell keeps running in the background and takes too much ram causing the pc to work slow. It takes more than 4 gb of ram. It also takes high...
  5. Does increasing Dedicating Video RAM increase usage of my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does increasing Dedicating Video RAM increase usage of my pc?: I've seen this in dxdiag, Is this bad? Like the VRAM is 128MB while the total is a whole different amount. And does this mean increasing dedicated video RAM even increases the usage of my intel graphics and heat the pc? Please Help!...
  6. Does increasing Dedicating Video RAM increase usage of my pc?

Does increasing Dedicating Video RAM increase usage of my pc?: I've seen this in dxdiag, Is this bad? Like the VRAM is 128MB while the total is a whole different amount. And does this mean increasing dedicated video RAM even increases the usage of my intel graphics and heat the pc? Please Help!...
  7. Does increasing Dedicating Video RAM increase usage of my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Sudden increase in idle Ram Usage after Updating Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden increase in idle Ram Usage after Updating Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Community,I have a desktop PC running an AMD Ryzen 3800X with 32 GB of RAM with a 3600Mhz Clock.Previously, When running Windows 10, Standard CPU and RAM usage was around 20% & 35%.After upgrading to windows 11, it went up to around 35% and 45%. However, after...
  9. Sudden increase in idle Ram Usage after Updating Windows 11

Sudden increase in idle Ram Usage after Updating Windows 11: Hello Microsoft Community,I have a desktop PC running an AMD Ryzen 3800X with 32 GB of RAM with a 3600Mhz Clock.Previously, When running Windows 10, Standard CPU and RAM usage was around 20% & 35%.After upgrading to windows 11, it went up to around 35% and 45%. However, after...
  10. When does ram usage increase?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When does ram usage increase?: Windows is using more memory than you think. The memory gauge doesn't show full memory usage. It was never meant to. If it did the value would be very high on most systems most of the time and that would be neither interesting or useful. To see full memory usage you need...