Windows 10: Sudden lag for ~10 seconds at random times

Discus and support Sudden lag for ~10 seconds at random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There is a sudden lag at random times which lasts for 10 seconds or less perhaps when the system is running, it happens even when there is no load to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by knighty24, Aug 31, 2019.

1. knighty24 Win User

Sudden lag for ~10 seconds at random times

There is a sudden lag at random times which lasts for 10 seconds or less perhaps when the system is running, it happens even when there is no load to the system. I notice this because the pointer starts to teleport throughout the screen and each and every action takes a long time (like clicking an option or closing a window) but it lasts for 10 seconds and I get normal performance again. I don't even know why or what is causing this, its been there for sometime now as I thought it would be alright later on, but no.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home 1903

Dell Inspiron 7577

Intel i7 7700HQ

Nvidia GTX1050Ti

16GB DDR4 2400MHz

64bit

:)

knighty24, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 31, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Sudden lag for ~10 seconds at random times

Random lag spikes

Hello.

I have a problem with random lag spikes from time to time (for example when I play game or listen to a song on internet or without internet on every 5-10 minutes I have a lag for about 2-3 seconds and after that everything continues to work perfectly). I
    reinstalled my computer 1 month ago and cleaned it from dust and in start there were no lags but now I have them. My pc is not even one year old and here are my specs:

TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB

AMD Radeon R7 360 2GB

AMD Athlon X4 840 Quad Core 3,1GHz

Asus A68HM-K

8GB DDR3 ram

I checked my cpu and gpu temperature and everything else with MSI Afterburner and everything seems to work well. Please help!

P.S. I am using windows 10 and sorry for bad English.

ZlatkoCikic, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Sudden lag for ~10 seconds at random times

1. Sudden lag for ~10 seconds at random times - Similar Threads - Sudden lag ~10

2. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  3. win 10 laptop sudden Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 laptop sudden Lag: my laptop specs: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HGPU: RTX 2060 mobilesuddenly my pc CPU and GPU don't go above 50 % utilization at it effect fps in gamesit make opening folder take a longer time like a secondand opening an app take 2 secondsi tried to use system config to diagnostic startup...
  4. win 10 laptop sudden Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 laptop sudden Lag: my laptop specs: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HGPU: RTX 2060 mobilesuddenly my pc CPU and GPU don't go above 50 % utilization at it effect fps in gamesit make opening folder take a longer time like a secondand opening an app take 2 secondsi tried to use system config to diagnostic startup...
  5. win 10 laptop sudden Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. XBOX Adapter for Windows 10 suddenly stops working for the second time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Adapter for Windows 10 suddenly stops working for the second time: Hello,I've recently one month ago bought a XBOX Adapter for Windows 10 and it just suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason. It doesn't connect to my controller anymore, it doesn't blink and it doesn't show up in my device manager. I have tried a lot of tips I have...
  7. Random low fps drops for 10 seconds at a time

Random low fps drops for 10 seconds at a time: I get random low fps drops for 10 seconds at a time for no reason. I have updated all my drivers, underclocked/overclocked my gpu, and used bitdefender to look for os or virus issues This is very annoying and i would apreciate it alot if sombody helped me. :...
  8. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time

PC randomly freezes for a few seconds at a time: Hi there, my pc freezes a lot and it repeats the audio that was last playing no matter what im doing, it sounds like glitching. I found another thread on this but it was very complicated so if someone could please explain how to do this in simpler words! thank you!...
  9. Random Lag

Random Lag: 2 days ago, my computer just started running like 10x slower than before. Games run horrible, things open very slowly, bringing up taskbar is stuttery. this has never happened to me before and I have always been able to run games fast until now. Need help. Specs: GTX 1070...
  10. The second monitor is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The second monitor is lagging: I plugged in a second monitor via a docking station and encountered an issue connected with short term slowdowns with a mouse cursor on this second monitor. It looks like the signal goes long from a remote device. I performed some troubleshooting such as updated Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unround all windows 10 corners

2. intense lag at random times on windows 10