Windows 10: Sudden Lag in Games

Discus and support Sudden Lag in Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In various games, like World of Warcraft, there is often a sudden freezing, accompanied by the game's sound buzzing. This can get me killed in games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Masterofcards, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Sudden Lag in Games

In various games, like World of Warcraft, there is often a sudden freezing, accompanied by the game's sound buzzing. This can get me killed in games like WoW and Swtor, and can make me lose a turn in card games, like Duelyst. The games this has happened in are World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Duelyst, Pirate101, and Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (only once though.) Is this a common issue? I've got an Intel 4600, and I don't think my computer's overheating, or I've got an outdated driver. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Masterofcards, Jun 15, 2016

2. windows 10 uses 50% of my ram when nothing is open

i have windows 10 pro running od 2gb of ram,but when i start the pc task menager says that over 40% of memory is in use,but nothing is open or started,this problem started yesterday all of a sudden and i cant do anything:video lags,games lag etc.PLEASE
    HELP.

denisciljevic, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Sudden Lag.

I just got the new windows update recently, and my computer has constant lag. The Task Manager displays no issue as far as I'm concerned. World of Warcraft originally ran at 300 fps no cap, and now it runs at a measly 25 fps, and to add insult to injury,
    it deleted all of my addon data that took me hours to set up. Am I the only one with this issue?

BrenanBoychuk, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Sudden Lag in Games

did this just began happening or has it been happening the whole time with this PC? if not, have you tried a system restore?

BrandonR188, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Well, it didn't start as soon as I got the PC, but it started quite a while ago. I thought there was a problem with the specific games, so I contacted their developers and updated my drivers and everything, but it keeps happening. I have not tried a system restore. Would that be the best course of action? I don't have my files backed up, and it seems really complicated to do so.

Edit: Also found that this happens with YouTube. When I exit Fullscreen, the video goes really slow for a few seconds, and it takes a bit to actually leave Fullscreen. It doesn't always happen, though.

Edit 2: Just found out that you can just restore your apps. I did a system restore, and will say how things go once I re-download games and update my driver.

Masterofcards, Jul 5, 2016
  6. sorry i haven't responded.. been a bit busy.. let me know how it goes.. if that restore doesn't work.. you might be better off doing a clean install and see how things go.

BrandonR188, Jul 10, 2016
  7. Simba Win User
    Seems to me like the HDD is stalling, how old is the drive?

Simba, Jul 11, 2016
  8. Sudden Lag in Games

Guys, I just updated my driver, and this stuff still happens.

Masterofcards, Jul 18, 2016
  9. I'd need more detailed information, like a link to a published Speccy log.

SylenThunder, Jul 25, 2016
  10. I just posted this on the WoW forums, and I turns out that the problem is my computer overheating.

Masterofcards, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sudden Lag in Games

1. Sudden Lag in Games - Similar Threads - Sudden Lag Games

2. My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden: Hello, I have a gaming pc with rtx 4090 and it is really fast before serveral months ago but now it starts to become really slow, even I have a internet connection with 235mbps, its still lagging and i have to restart the pc serveral times and its still lagging so now i cant...
  3. My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden: Hello, I have a gaming pc with rtx 4090 and it is really fast before serveral months ago but now it starts to become really slow, even I have a internet connection with 235mbps, its still lagging and i have to restart the pc serveral times and its still lagging so now i cant...
  4. My gaming pc starts to lag all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Gaming PC suddenly has horrible lag spikes in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC suddenly has horrible lag spikes in games: I haven't had this pc for too long, but for about the first month I had it my games never experienced any lag in the slightest bit. Then the problem just occurred out of nowhere, I've tried many methods to try and fix this issue but all failed. I know my internet is fully...
  6. Gaming PC suddenly has horrible lag spikes in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming PC suddenly has horrible lag spikes in games: I haven't had this pc for too long, but for about the first month I had it my games never experienced any lag in the slightest bit. Then the problem just occurred out of nowhere, I've tried many methods to try and fix this issue but all failed. I know my internet is fully...
  7. All pc games suddenly lags too much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All pc games suddenly lags too much: ive just bought a new laptop and i have been playing well on it for a few weeks, but just today, i tried opening apex legends and found that it was very laggy, first i thought the game was corrupted but then i tried another game like outlast and my friend pedro and realize...
  8. Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m: My Asus Laptop has an Nvidia 930m with a 5th gen core i3 at 2ghz..Its good for light to medium games...atleast it was... i used to be able to run GTA 5 at 40fps consistently....but recently there have been problems... CSGO comes at around 100 fps consistently...but then...
  9. Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m

in Windows 10 Support
    Games Lag Suddenly for no reason, Nvidia 930m: My Asus Laptop has an Nvidia 930m with a 5th gen core i3 at 2ghz..Its good for light to medium games...atleast it was... i used to be able to run GTA 5 at 40fps consistently....but recently there have been problems... CSGO comes at around 100 fps consistently...but then...
  10. Laptop suddenly slow, lags intensely in games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop suddenly slow, lags intensely in games: Ah yes, another entry in the cycle of my PC problems has begun. I'm basically coming here for help every 3 months now :P I apologize if the title is vague, but I can't identify which part of my laptop is problematic. I do have a few pointers, though. Earlier this week, my...