Windows 10: Sudden Limited Internet Bandwidth, Looking for ideas

Discus and support Sudden Limited Internet Bandwidth, Looking for ideas in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been suddenly experiencing what seems to be capped bandwidth on my desktop. It does not appear to be the case on my roommates' desktops or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DadGoose, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

1. DadGoose Win User

Sudden Limited Internet Bandwidth, Looking for ideas

I have been suddenly experiencing what seems to be capped bandwidth on my desktop. It does not appear to be the case on my roommates' desktops or other devices. We have Xfinity's 1Gbps internet service and I used to get 800Mbps+ down pretty consistently.

However, this past month I've been limited to 240Mbps no matter what, other devices seem to be unaffected. We were having modem problems this week, with the internet capping at 400Mbps Down, 6Mbps up, and 10% packet loss, so I installed a new Arris SBG8300 Docsis 3.1 Modem last night.

That fixed the internet issues, except on my Desktop PC, which still will not go over 240Mbps.

Some things I've tried
    • Updated LAN Drivers
    • Ensured LAN controller set to 1.0Gbps Full Duplex
    • Temporarily Disabling QoS Packet Scheduler
    • Temporarily Disabling Antivirus
    • Confirmed "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" is disabled
    • Metered Connection is disabled
    • Tested different DNS servers in IPv4 and IPv6
    • Full virus system scan with Avira, Malware scan with Malwarebytes
    • Multiple Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge), Multiple test sites (Speedtest.net, Fast.com)
    • Booted windows into Safe Mode with Networking

I'm sure that there are a few things I've tried that I forgot to list, but I'm pretty much just throwing darts at a dartboard at this time hoping something sticks. The system is pretty old, but it does what I need it to do. I'd just like to use the full bandwidth the system has been capable of in the past.

Windows version is currently 1903 (OS Build 18362.418). I've filled out my PC specs in the profile page as much as possible, but if it's necessary I can add it to this post.

:)

2. Hosted network limited my bandwidth.

Hi Mai,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this network bandwidth issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home edition?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:34 AM
  3. Limited bandwidth for PC user

I have home PC with Win10 with admin account and user accounts on the PC. A few days ago I have discovered that while admin has still full speed bandwidth Internet connection, PC user has very limited bandwidth. We have 10 Mbps Internet connection
    available for Admin, but user has below 1 Mbps. I did not change any setting on the PC. Please do you have advice how to unblock bandwidth restrictions?

IvanJamnicky, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:34 AM
  4. Sudden Limited Internet Bandwidth, Looking for ideas

Umapathy Sekar, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:34 AM
Thema:

Sudden Limited Internet Bandwidth, Looking for ideas

1. Sudden Limited Internet Bandwidth, Looking for ideas - Similar Threads - Sudden Limited Internet

2. Over use of internet bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over use of internet bandwidth.: My windows 10 PC has started using a lot of upload internet bandwidth. Is this being caused by backup having been turned on in a recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/over-use-of-internet-bandwidth/95898d15-64c6-48cd-a227-99aae2a7df33
  3. Internet bandwidth issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet bandwidth issue: Hi I have a problem with Internet band width. When i start downloading a file by a download manager program (Internet Download Accelerator), the other programs such web browser, windows update and every thing can not access Internet seems the download manager consume all of...
  4. Limited bandwidth for PC user

Limited bandwidth for PC user: I have home PC with Win10 with admin account and user accounts on the PC. A few days ago I have discovered that while admin has still full speed bandwidth Internet connection, PC user has very limited bandwidth. We have 10 Mbps Internet connection available for Admin, but...
  5. Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?: I'm trying to understand exactly how this works in 1709. Here is the Setting Quote: "LIMIT HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH IS USED FOR DOWNLOADING UPDATES IN THE BACKGROUND" The reason is, when I first did a clean install I wanted to make the downloads go as fast as possible, so I set...
  6. Looking For A Simple Bandwidth Monitor

Looking For A Simple Bandwidth Monitor: comcast as of november is implementing a 1tb monthly cap(bs i know when the average broadband user uses at least 2tb monthly). i have looked at various monitors and they leave a lot not to like. all i want is something that sits in the systray and when i mouse-over the icon i...
  7. Limited internet access but not

Limited internet access but not: Hi Guys, I'm having a look at my brother in laws computer which is windows 10 and I am coming up with a doozy of an issue for someone of my level. So he was unable to run Fifa15 and discovered that you need windows media player to run it. When using the add windows...
  8. Speedup the Internet bandwidth consuption of "WinStore.Mobile.exe"

Speedup the Internet bandwidth consuption of "WinStore.Mobile.exe": How to make the download speed of the Windows Store faster. My current network speed is 30 MB/s but it's using only about 12KB/s, what should I do? 25505
  9. USB WiFI adapter seems to be bandwidth limited? Weird

USB WiFI adapter seems to be bandwidth limited? Weird: Recently my download speed has diminished seriously. It used to be very high and now it is 4 MBps according to several Speedtest sites. I have 4 computers in our home: wife's, TV room, my desktop and my laptop. We have ATT Internet with 24 MBps download speed. Two of...
  10. Setting bandwidth limit for devices...

Setting bandwidth limit for devices...: There's 6 connections all wireless. My rig should consume the most but no, the roku stick is taking quite a bit. Yes, the simple answer is to shut off whatever I'm not using, problem is there's a wife and a kid. Both have 2 devices on at all times. A smart phone and a roku...