Windows 10: Sudden longer startup times

Discus and support Sudden longer startup times in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD and it normally takes around 5-10 seconds for my PC to startup. Just recently though the startup times have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/randomguy51, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Sudden longer startup times

I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD and it normally takes around 5-10 seconds for my PC to startup. Just recently though the startup times have been upwards of 30 seconds. The first screen is normally the ASUS logo with the text on the bottom saying 'Press DEL or F2 for the BIOS settings' where I barely had 1 second to read this before the screen goes black and then the login screen appears. Now I'm stuck at the ASUS logo screen for about 10-20 seconds and then occasionally a buffering icon appears afterwards on a black screen for around 20-30 seconds and then I can login.

I have no idea what I could've done to cause this, but this problem still persists even after scanning for malware, updating Windows and checking I have fast startup enabled in the BIOS settings.

submitted by /u/randomguy51
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/randomguy51, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 22, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Sudden longer startup times

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Sudden longer startup times

1. Sudden longer startup times - Similar Threads - Sudden longer startup

2. PC suddenly takes a long time on startup and is extremely laggy on the login screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly takes a long time on startup and is extremely laggy on the login screen...: Hello.I have recently opened up my PC to clean the insides as I haven't done it for a while. I had unplugged everything and went on with my cleaning. I did not touch anything inside except the top of my GPU to hold the fan so I could clean it. I did everything as carefully as...
  3. PC suddenly takes a long time on startup and is extremely laggy on the login screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly takes a long time on startup and is extremely laggy on the login screen...: Hello.I have recently opened up my PC to clean the insides as I haven't done it for a while. I had unplugged everything and went on with my cleaning. I did not touch anything inside except the top of my GPU to hold the fan so I could clean it. I did everything as carefully as...
  4. PC suddenly takes a long time on startup and is extremely laggy on the login screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup time of services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup time of services: Is there a way to determine how long each of the services requires to start when Windows starts?My Windows takes more than a minute before the startup folder applications start. In the past a minute would be considered fantastic and it is not a problem except if there is...
  6. Sudden BSOD upon startup

Sudden BSOD upon startup: Hi. I turned on my laptop this morning. After bootup I got BSOD. See the image below. What seems to be the problem? Tried restarting the laptop after BSOD and I think it's okay now....
  7. Suddenly programs take long time to startup on system SSD

Suddenly programs take long time to startup on system SSD: Hi, Since I installed my SSD 3 years ago, everything worked fine and smooth, but few days ago, my programs which are installed on SSD for example: Opera, Chrome, foobar2000, Firefox, Microsoft Edge started to load for longer than usual. Normally foobar2000 would startup...
  8. Startup & Restart Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup & Restart Time: To, Microsoft Community Hi i am Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.662. When i first start My Laptop to complete open of Desktop Screen it takes it takes approximately 1 Minute to Load & when i Restart my Laptop it takes 2 Minutes to...
  9. Higher time in startup

Higher time in startup: I have start-up issue on my windows. I'm using latest version of windows, still my system is taking 1 to 2 minutes to start. And, also I can't perform any task as it start, I have to wait 3 to 5 minutes to perform any task. I can not open browser or any folder without waiting...
  10. Startup timing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup timing: i am trying to compare the start up time for two nearly identical Dell machines and am not quite quick enough to do it with a stop watch. Is there a way to do that using built in W10 v1909 features? Thank you. 163071

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sudden increase in boot time