Windows 10: Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help

Discus and support Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good evening, I noticed this today, but I am not sure when it started. On my desktop computer, I am unable to access anything that requires admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SNsilver, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help

Good evening,

I noticed this today, but I am not sure when it started. On my desktop computer, I am unable to access anything that requires admin permissions even though I have verified that my account is considered an administrator. For example, if I were to try and open disk management this pops up: https://i.imgur.com/igNimGF.png. I enabled the hidden admin account and was able to access disk management and other applications that I couldn't on my primary account.

So far I have uninstalled anything that has updated in the last week as well as ran CC cleaner and malwarebytes but that hasn't any effect. I also made a new account with full permissions from the hidden account but I had the same issues as my primary account.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I've been googling around for the last few hours and almost every forum solution requires me to use parts of windows I don't have access to.

I hope I don't have to reinstall windows

submitted by /u/SNsilver
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SNsilver, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help

No admin permissions

Please can I see the results for the net user command itself and the results for every user account identified in its list.

I suggested taking a photo of the admin challenge not a screenshot because that is normally all that you can do.

I do not know why you mentioned SAM. I would urge you not to try anything like that until you have given us a chance to review your net user results. By the way, the access denied message you received indicates that either the instructions you are using are faulty or you have made a mistake in following them.

I am staying online and I remain ready to help you. I have had a lot of experience helping people with user account problems.

Denis

Try3, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help

1. Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help - Similar Threads - Sudden loss admin

2. My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...: This has just starting today, my computer has started to need to ask for administrative permission in order to essentially do anything with files other than renaming them. This has became a great hassle as programs and applications that are installed in "Program Files x86"...
  3. My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has suddenly started to need to ask for "admin permissions" for me to...: This has just starting today, my computer has started to need to ask for administrative permission in order to essentially do anything with files other than renaming them. This has became a great hassle as programs and applications that are installed in "Program Files x86"...
  4. Admin Loss

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Loss: I lost my admin and can no longer download or uninstall applications, nor click anything in the control panel with a shield next to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/admin-loss/53bd12fd-3aaf-4fee-b9f3-4b049c033ccc
  5. Default Admin Suddenly Needs Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Admin Suddenly Needs Password: I can’t even run cmd as admin because I require a nonexistent password. This all happened after I net user administrator /active:no in cmd to disable and hide the default/hidden admin account. I immediately restarted my pc after that and saw that the default admin account is...
  6. Loss of Admin rights

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Admin rights: Hello all, This has been covered before in various places in the past, but I am unable to come up with a fix for myself no longer being an administrator, even though I am the owner/user/administrator of my pc. Every time I try to access some of the admin parts of the pc for...
  7. Q & A: need 'admin permission' when already 'admin' ....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Q & A: need 'admin permission' when already 'admin' ....: delete a app tool you press delete, but it wont let you cos it says need 'admin permission' when already 'admin' .... cos this question make computer fully admin was never answered in those many comments by users now cant even do this simple thing of delete a app...
  8. need admin permission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    need admin permission: I recently got a new hp laptop to work from home. my mcafee expired so I updated the subscription. when I clicked verify subscription it asks for admin name and password but there is not option for it. also I am the only user or account and it was admin account but it has...
  9. Needing Admin permission to save to a location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Needing Admin permission to save to a location: I want to save a downloaded file to a folder on my Windows 10 PC but it says I can't without the Administrator's permission. However, it offers an alternative location that I don't want to use. I'm the only user and apparently switched something on that I can't find out how...
  10. "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help: I took out a drive from from an old machine (circa 2007-2009). Machine died but the drive is fine. I plugged the drive into a BlacX USB drive docking station, and trying to copy/move files from this drive to my NAS. I'm getting "You'll need to provide administrator...