Windows 10: Sudden loss of audio from the right side of headphone

Discus and support Sudden loss of audio from the right side of headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so I'm using a MSI laptop this afternoon with my headphones plugged in. I can hear audio from both sides of the headphone without any problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeungAnson, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Sudden loss of audio from the right side of headphone

Okay so I'm using a MSI laptop this afternoon with my headphones plugged in. I can hear audio from both sides of the headphone without any problems.

For some reason, the headphone suddenly have no audio output from the right side when I use my computer this evening, with the left side being normal with audio. Upon some experimentation, I doubt whether it's a software or hardware issue. Here are my findings:

• The headphone gives audio for both sides when I plug it in the laptop half way through (in order words, the headphone works normal when I plug it up to the 3rd ring of the jack but not all the way in)
    • When the jack is fully plugged in from the half way state mentioned above, the audio in the right side suddenly cuts

• The headphone is fully functional when I test it with my phone
    • The right audio dies when I test with different headphones

Is this issue related to the audio settings of Windows 10? Thanks

:)

HeungAnson, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 21, 2019
  3. N95 faint audio in right headphone

Had some strange behaviour today and wanted everyone's advice. Tried to use music player with the nokia audio controller AD-43 and nokia headphones. The audio controller wouldn't work at first. After pulling AD-43 out and back in there was normal volume
    in left headphone but the right was lower. As if it was muted but not sure. I tried another headphone without the AD-43 and that was fine. Audio from the N95 is fine. Normal headphone through the AD-43 is fine. So it was the nokia headphones with the problem.
    But after the series of tests i just did the audio is now back to normal in both left and right on the nokia headphones??? I'm at a loss to what happened. Are the headphones ok? The N95, AD-43 and headphones are only a few weeks old. I've upgraded firware
    to V20.0.0.15.

babylon5---01, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Sudden loss of audio from the right side of headphone

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Sudden loss of audio from the right side of headphone

1. Sudden loss of audio from the right side of headphone - Similar Threads - Sudden loss audio

2. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  3. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  4. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Loss of headphones' audio overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of headphones' audio overnight: Hello, I am currently using a 2021 Lenovo Legion 5, my headphones have just lost sound after going out of sleep mode overnight. -My laptop still detects the headphones and the equalizer bar still rises when I play an application with sound.-Both my laptop speaker and external...
  6. Loss of headphones' audio overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of headphones' audio overnight: Hello, I am currently using a 2021 Lenovo Legion 5, my headphones have just lost sound after going out of sleep mode overnight. -My laptop still detects the headphones and the equalizer bar still rises when I play an application with sound.-Both my laptop speaker and external...
  7. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Customization
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  8. Headphone audio from one side only, not mono

Headphone audio from one side only, not mono: So, I do not know what is the problem, my computer is completely up to date, with every driver also updated. I checked if the sound was on zero in the levels tab, i checked if it was in mono, i cleaned my headphone jack on the laptop, but sound is still only coming from one...
  9. Sudden loss of audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden loss of audio: Was on youtube,everything's fine,then bam,no audio,and I checked all the normal things you might think of,there was no intervention or modification on my part,and the device manager says everything is okay,so what is it? submitted by /u/Salt-Pattern-1917 [link] [comments]...
  10. Left side audio only in headphones

Left side audio only in headphones: I was listening to a song on youtube and suddenly only my left headphone was playing, i changed the heaphones USB ones to apple's 3.5mm jack earphones... and it still didn't work. Then I plugged in samsung earphones... still only one side plying. I was looking through...