Windows 10: Sudden Massive Boot time increase from 15-20 secs to over 5 minutes

Discus and support Sudden Massive Boot time increase from 15-20 secs to over 5 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have been facing a weird problem for the last few days- my computer which would normally boot in about 30 secs max, now suddenly takes about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fireflyv2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. fireflyv2 Win User

Sudden Massive Boot time increase from 15-20 secs to over 5 minutes

Hi guys,
    I have been facing a weird problem for the last few days- my computer which would normally boot in about 30 secs max, now suddenly takes about 4-5 minutes to boot. I have tried checking for malware or viruses, ran chkdsk and also tried the steps from :
    Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD. I have installed windows on a 108GB Kingston SSD.

I have run the WPR and attached the logs here.
    https://transfernow.net/ddl/etl

Could someone please help me figure out what is causing my system to behave so weirdly? It seems to run fine after booting, only taking forever to get to the login screen from POST.

Please find below the results of the scans I ran:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.611

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Windows.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    510976 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    20625 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    24990 reparse records processed.
    679462 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    24990 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    84244 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    33620856 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

115333665 KB total disk space.
    103028708 KB in 395081 files.
    250256 KB in 84245 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    645101 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    11409600 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    28833416 total allocation units on disk.
    2852400 allocation units available on disk.

:)

fireflyv2, Sep 4, 2018
  2. AYoung Win User

Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes

As the title suggests, my PC has been running fine, up until last night, playing Fallout 4, suddenly BSOD. Today, I turn it back on, and it crashes booting, then crashes over and over every 15-20 minutes, giving me many different types of errors, including page file, security, etc. The crashes don't seem to be related to anything I'm doing, just random.

Log file attached as per instructions. If any additional details are needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help, this is maddening.

AYoung, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Peace44 Win User
    Windows 10 boot slowly

-I don't understand why but

+Fast Startup time : 50 sec

+Boot time: 210 sec

My last BIOS time : 3.6 sec

-Booting up splash screen shows up twice + black screen for 15-20 sec

-Welcome screen is super slow: 10 sec

-Fast Startup also has black screen but only for 5-10 sec

When i used windows 8, booting only takes 45 secs and fast startup takes 15-20 sec only

Plz help me.

Peace44, Sep 4, 2018
  4. RENECONDE Win User

Explorer works for 15-20 minutes and then disconnects.

After installing windows 10 on my desktop, Internet explorer works for about 15-20 minutes (I'm connected broadband) and then disconnects me. Keeps telling me to check cable & network connections. There is no problem with the WIFI as I can use tablet and
    other WIFI devices. I reboot computer to be able to re-connect to internet. But again after 15-20 minutes it disconnects me again.

can anyone help?

RENECONDE, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sudden Massive Boot time increase from 15-20 secs to over 5 minutes - Similar Threads - Sudden Massive Boot

2. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  3. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  4. 5-minute boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5-minute boot time: A month or two ago Windows 10 Home suddenly started taking 5 minutes to start up. It used to take a minute. Details: No performance issues after boot Most of the boot time is during "Welcome" screen 2 languages installed - English and Japanese, OS is English CPU Pentium i5...
  5. The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec: Hey there, So my laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-87R5) had a charging port issue I had sent it back to the manufacturer where they had replaced the motherboard after receiving the laptop everything works fine there is no issue with the laptop. I gave it fresh install of...
  6. PC boot time suddenly increases

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC boot time suddenly increases: So after years of using a HDD as a boot drive I finally upgraded to an SSD and used it fully as a boot drive and the boot time was like 5 seconds. However recently it became more than 20 seconds out of the blue. I at first thought it was because of a new PCI-E WiFi card I...
  7. 20+ minute boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20+ minute boot time: I have windows installed on an SSD and it literally takes more than 20 minutes just to restart. It gets stuck at the windows logo with the dots moving in a circle. I've ran the system file checker, updated video drivers, cleaned registry with CCleaner, and I changed the page...
  8. Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes: As the title suggests, my PC has been running fine, up until last night, playing Fallout 4, suddenly BSOD. Today, I turn it back on, and it crashes booting, then crashes over and over every 15-20 minutes, giving me many different types of errors, including page file,...
  9. 20 minutes to boot :(

20 minutes to boot :(: Hi all, I'm experiencing some big issues with my computer since 2 days: when I try to boot it takes more than 20min to boot (and sometimes it doesn't boot). Current situation with my drives: Primary (OS & programs): Samsun 850 EVO 1st Archive: Caviar Blue 1TB 2nd...
  10. >5 minute boot time on SSD

>5 minute boot time on SSD: Hi. I have a PC running Windows 10, but it is taking an unusually long time to boot. It can take more than 5 minutes, even though the boot drive is a 250GB Crucial MX200 with the latest firmware. I know that this is a very vague issue, but if i should provide more info for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sudden increase in boot time