Windows 10: Sudden massive CPU usage

Discus and support Sudden massive CPU usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was fine until about 3 days ago, I was trying to root a Droid tablet that was bricked so I had to install something called Keis along with a cracking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XweAponX, Sep 11, 2015.

1. XweAponX Win User

Sudden massive CPU usage

I was fine until about 3 days ago, I was trying to root a Droid tablet that was bricked so I had to install something called Keis along with a cracking tool for Droid called Odin. The PDA files I needed were stashed on a Mega site, and it would not let me download them until I installed some kind of program that connects my Mega account to my PC, much like OneDrive and Dropbox did. But around the same day, Windows Event Viewer detected a new bad block on one of my attached storage drives, so I had to run ViVard on it again.

What may have caused it might be having too many cloud service apps in my startup, but even after removing them, my CPU is still pegging out from 95% to 100%.

Last Week the highest my CPU would go was 20%, now it's constantly peaking out. The Task Manager is not very useful anymore, because I can't choose to show my Memory Usage Delta or other variations of Memory like I've been able to to from XP to 8- It only shows Private Working Set, which does me no good when I am trying to track down Ram eating programs.

I'm hoping it was the Mega app, it was stalling my system up the way an app called "Pogoplank" did to me once, I like the idea of cloud services that connect right to your PC, but I'll have to stick with OneDrive only from now on.

I'm going to delete the rest of the non-native cloud services and I'll report back.

(Edit)

Ok - That was it, I had OneDrive AND DropBox AND Mega, it was too much. All of these services run background updates, daily syncing to each service. In my case, I use Mega to back up my iPhone and iPad camera and I use Dropbox a lot for moving files back and forth, between all three services running at once, my CPU was pegged all the time. A System with a quad-core CPU and more ram could probably handle all three, so if you are on a dual core system with only 2gb of Ram, don't add more Cloud Services!

:)

XweAponX, Sep 11, 2015

2. System interrupts massive CPU usage

Kirk

Were you having the prob;em when you ran the trace? The largest cpu user was windows performance recorder itself using 1.7%, and it gets progressively smaller from there (see snip)

Sudden massive CPU usage [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 11, 2015
  3. KirkMellors, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Sudden massive CPU usage

1. Sudden massive CPU usage - Similar Threads - Sudden massive CPU

2. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  3. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  4. Suddenly 100% CPU usage in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly 100% CPU usage in all games: System specs- CPU→Ryzen 5 3550H with Vega 8 integrated GPU GPU→Amd Rx560x dedicated gpu RAM→8GB 1TB HDD Hey, Need your help!!! I lose my hope and finally come here. Today morning when i start my game my fps was very low around 20fps. I check that CPU usage is 100%...
  5. CPU Usage Suddenly Rising to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Usage Suddenly Rising to 100%: So I just had my PC turn off on me and as I waited a bit, turned it back on and started investigating, I found out CPU usage is jumping to 100% as soon as I open anything and CPU starts to heat up really quickly! Really clueless as to what could be causing this and a google...
  6. CPU usage all of a sudden high?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage all of a sudden high?: I have a laptop use it for games and browse the internet. Last week it was fine, but now all of a sudden my games fps dropped? I checked task manager and noticed that it was high all of a sudden. I did almost everything I saw online like update, delete apps and checked if I...
  7. suddenly high cpu usage in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suddenly high cpu usage in game: in task view there is some some svchost.exe taking cpu then I went to details service is win audio service plus system interrupts pops in while in game it takes cpu so my game hangs what to do...
  8. sudden High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sudden High CPU usage: I've recently started experiencing extreme cpu usage numbers when doing basic tasks. It idles at around 150-20% yet ramps up to 60-100% when I so much as do anything in a program (e.g. switch browser tabs, open new browser tab, click on a task manager process) or start one....
  9. Sudden Drop in Performance, Massive Spikes in CPU Usage (Lenovo G51)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Drop in Performance, Massive Spikes in CPU Usage (Lenovo G51): I have a Lenovo G51 which is hooked up to my home entertainment gear and used primarily to capture video either through a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle using Blackmagic Media Express, or through a Hauppauge USB Live 2.0 using AmarecTV. Recently I've started dropping massive...
  10. Massive RAM usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive RAM usage: Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes...