Windows 10: Sudden massive CPU usage

Discus and support Sudden massive CPU usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was fine until about 3 days ago, I was trying to root a Droid tablet that was bricked so I had to install something called Keis along with a cracking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XweAponX, Sep 11, 2015.

1. XweAponX Win User

Sudden massive CPU usage

I was fine until about 3 days ago, I was trying to root a Droid tablet that was bricked so I had to install something called Keis along with a cracking tool for Droid called Odin. The PDA files I needed were stashed on a Mega site, and it would not let me download them until I installed some kind of program that connects my Mega account to my PC, much like OneDrive and Dropbox did. But around the same day, Windows Event Viewer detected a new bad block on one of my attached storage drives, so I had to run ViVard on it again.

What may have caused it might be having too many cloud service apps in my startup, but even after removing them, my CPU is still pegging out from 95% to 100%.

Last Week the highest my CPU would go was 20%, now it's constantly peaking out. The Task Manager is not very useful anymore, because I can't choose to show my Memory Usage Delta or other variations of Memory like I've been able to to from XP to 8- It only shows Private Working Set, which does me no good when I am trying to track down Ram eating programs.

I'm hoping it was the Mega app, it was stalling my system up the way an app called "Pogoplank" did to me once, I like the idea of cloud services that connect right to your PC, but I'll have to stick with OneDrive only from now on.

I'm going to delete the rest of the non-native cloud services and I'll report back.

(Edit)

Ok - That was it, I had OneDrive AND DropBox AND Mega, it was too much. All of these services run background updates, daily syncing to each service. In my case, I use Mega to back up my iPhone and iPad camera and I use Dropbox a lot for moving files back and forth, between all three services running at once, my CPU was pegged all the time. A System with a quad-core CPU and more ram could probably handle all three, so if you are on a dual core system with only 2gb of Ram, don't add more Cloud Services!

:)

XweAponX, Sep 11, 2015

2. System interrupts massive CPU usage

Kirk

Were you having the prob;em when you ran the trace? The largest cpu user was windows performance recorder itself using 1.7%, and it gets progressively smaller from there (see snip)

Sudden massive CPU usage [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 11, 2015
  3. KirkMellors, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Sudden massive CPU usage

1. Sudden massive CPU usage - Similar Threads - Sudden massive CPU

2. cpu usage 100 %

in Windows 10 Customization
    cpu usage 100 %: hey i have this problem where the cpu usage is 100 everytime i open a game , earlier i had the same problem but by tweaking the setting i was able to eradicate the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-100/daf2fb0b-4faf-42e3-ba66-1f115759346f
  3. CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  4. Sudden Drop in Performance, Massive Spikes in CPU Usage (Lenovo G51)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Drop in Performance, Massive Spikes in CPU Usage (Lenovo G51): I have a Lenovo G51 which is hooked up to my home entertainment gear and used primarily to capture video either through a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle using Blackmagic Media Express, or through a Hauppauge USB Live 2.0 using AmarecTV. Recently I've started dropping massive...
  5. CPU Usage HIGH

CPU Usage HIGH: Hello guys good day, any idea about my problem with windows 10 pro 64bit. i notice this high cpu usage after changing my usb keyboard to ps2. . when i was using usb keyboard , i never encounter this problem but my keyboard wont funtion anymore. so i change it to a PS2...
  6. 100% CPU Usage

100% CPU Usage: I just had a strange event. My laptop's CPU usage hit 100% and stayed there, and the fan came on even though the CPU and HD temps were normal (CPU 44-47C, HD: 39-42C). Any thoughts on what happened? Restarting seems to have fixed it, at least temporarily. I'm doing a virus...
  7. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  8. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...
  9. CPU Usage

CPU Usage: I have found that my CPU usage is running at 30%, due to Service Host: Local System (15). I have the list of the 15 processes, but how do I find which one is using all the power? Thank You [img] 26177
  10. Massive RAM usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive RAM usage: Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes...