Windows 10: Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

Discus and support Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Filip Gawlik, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case to restore the signal on the monitors. Very rarely, there are some dots that appear, or nothing appears at all, and in such cases, I simply restart again. Additionally, sometimes I hear an error sound, but I'm not sure what the error is since the monitors are already black. After a while, I also lose audio. Moreover, I'

:)

Filip Gawlik, Oct 21, 2023
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Oct 21, 2023
  3. miloshs Win User
    Sudden-no-explanation system shutdown???

update...

Here's a little update...
    Since 3 hour back i haven't had any problems with my PC regarding sudden shutdowns, so i can almost positively say that it had something to do with the monitoring software and its accessing the sensors...

miloshs, Oct 21, 2023
  4. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 21, 2023
Thema:

Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

1. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart - Similar Threads - Sudden Monitor Shutdowns

2. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart: Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case...
  3. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart: Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case...
  4. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  5. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  6. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

7. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.: My PC boots up normally as it should when just, booting it up.However, if I choose the restart option in my Windows it does not restart.It shuts down, boots up and 'freezes' on the ROG screen where I should be able to press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS.The F2 and DEL key is not...
  8. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.: My PC boots up normally as it should when just, booting it up.However, if I choose the restart option in my Windows it does not restart.It shuts down, boots up and 'freezes' on the ROG screen where I should be able to press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS.The F2 and DEL key is not...
  9. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

10. PC won’t shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won’t shutdown/restart: I don’t know if this has to do with a new windows update but recently my PC doesn’t fully shutdown or restart. When doing so, it prompts the usual “shutting down...” or “restarting...” for a lot longer than it normally does. Then, my monitors turn off but the tower stays on,...