Windows 10: Sudden Network Problems

Discus and support Sudden Network Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Three computers (one Windows 7, two Windows 10) are on a home network; both Windows 10 computers are on 1803. Until today, all could share one printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abacus, Jan 12, 2019.

1. abacus Win User

Sudden Network Problems

Three computers (one Windows 7, two Windows 10) are on a home network; both Windows 10 computers are on 1803. Until today, all could share one printer connected to the Windows 7 computer and could share files from/to a public folder on one of the other computers. This is file and printer sharing, no passwords are used.

Today, I installed the latest Cumulative Update (KB4480966) on for one of the Windows 10 computers. I am not claiming that the update is the cause of the problems. Now, the networking is all screwed up.

1) Both Windows 10 computers can see the Windows 7 computer, but can not connect (share a file) to it. Both get an error message box, "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER; there might be a problem with your network".
    The "Diagnose" does not find the problem.
    2) When I try to connect the Windows 7 computer to one of the Windows 10 computers, an error message saying "Enter Network Password" appears. But never before have I been asked for such a password. The Windows 7 computer will connect to the other Windows 10 computer.

Where do I begin to find a solution? Frankly, I have NEVER understood networking, even just a home network. Help!

:)

abacus, Jan 12, 2019

2. Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Network problem

Hi Aslam,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you connecting via wired or wireless?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue using a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, Jan 12, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Sudden Network Problems

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Sudden Network Problems

1. Sudden Network Problems - Similar Threads - Sudden Network Problems

2. My Network Crashes Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Network Crashes Suddenly: Since 4 days my network is suddenly crashing. It crashes everyday without any warning or something and there is no pattern so it sometimes crashes after 1 hour sometimes after 1 min and it happens like 5 or more times a day. Im using a Network amplifier, which is connected to...
  3. My Network Crashes Suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Network Crashes Suddenly: Since 4 days my network is suddenly crashing. It crashes everyday without any warning or something and there is no pattern so it sometimes crashes after 1 hour sometimes after 1 min and it happens like 5 or more times a day. Im using a Network amplifier, which is connected to...
  4. The network suddenly disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network suddenly disconnects and reconnects: Hello, Clients connected to a Windows file server and their share folder suddenly disconnects and reconnects. Wireshark shows me following errors:[This is an ACK to the segment in frame: 119150][Duplicate to the ACK in frame: 4334]When I use the ping command, it shows me...
  5. The network suddenly disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The network suddenly disconnects and reconnects: Hello, Clients connected to a Windows file server and their share folder suddenly disconnects and reconnects. Wireshark shows me following errors:[This is an ACK to the segment in frame: 119150][Duplicate to the ACK in frame: 4334]When I use the ping command, it shows me...
  6. The network suddenly disconnects and reconnects

7. Network, Bluetooth and one USB driver having problems suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network, Bluetooth and one USB driver having problems suddenly: So, I have 3 problems. First, My Network adapter is Intel AC-9560 but i don't know how IntelR AX201 is getting automatically installed even after uninstalling it more than 10 times ?!??!. Also, the AX201 drivers is showing:"This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed}...
  8. Network suddenly disconnecting

Network suddenly disconnecting: I've had this issue with my pc for the past several months. My wifi would suddenly disconnect and stop working for a very varied amount of time, this happens all of the sudden throughout the months. What happens is that my network gets the desktop logo with a yellow triangle...
  9. Network drops suddenly!

Network drops suddenly!: Hello! I have had this computer for some time now and has until recently not had many issues with it, but now I have one that is driving me mad. My nephew borrowed it a few weeks back and when I now got it back it suddenly loses its network connection. It's weird as my phone...
  10. Network drops suddenly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Network drops suddenly!: Hello! I have had this computer for some time now and has until recently not had many issues with it, but now I have one that is driving me mad. My nephew borrowed it a few weeks back and when I now got it back it suddenly loses its network connection. It's weird as my phone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sudden network spike windows