Windows 10: Sudden PIN requirement

Discus and support Sudden PIN requirement in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 54retj6u, Aug 8, 2022.

1. 54retj6u Win User

Sudden PIN requirement

We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it.

:)

54retj6u, Aug 8, 2022
  2. kin2son Win User

Windows 10 not accepting PIN all of a sudden..... Sudden PIN requirement :(

Hi all,

Hope someone can assist....

My father's Windows 10 machine stopped accepting his PIN all of a sudden. There is no other sign-in option. I read that there's a way to get them back but since he only ever logs in with his PIN he has no idea what the password is (if any).

When clicking on forgot my PIN the email address listed is a really old one that he longer uses nor can get into. Started filling in the form to try and regain access but after Microsoft's verification it has been unsuccessful....

Is there any other way I can somehow fix it for him? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also why would this happen all of a sudden? He's been using the same PIN forever and it stopped working all of a sudden?

kin2son, Aug 8, 2022
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Sudden PIN requirement

PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Sudden PIN requirement

1. Sudden PIN requirement - Similar Threads - Sudden PIN requirement

2. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  3. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  4. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sudden PIN requirement

Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  6. Sudden PIN requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  7. PIN Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...
  8. PIN Requirements

PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...
  9. Bluetooth Plague: Devices suddenly require PINs or "pair" but don't connect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Plague: Devices suddenly require PINs or "pair" but don't connect.: The only thing I can associate this with is my recent Windows OS update (I'm not sure how far behind I was, maybe a few updates). I also installed the latest Nvidia drivers update and connected a second monitor. If it is helpful to know, my toolbar freezes sometimes when I'm...
  10. Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10: How do I remove the new sudden PIN requirement to sign in on my PC with Windows 10?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-requiring-a-pin-to-sign-in-or-log-in-to/3bf50611-6758-4579-a2a2-3e3406949935